• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Signing out of PSN when I play a game?

Bossmanuk

Contributor
Got a slight problem with my PS3 signing me out of PSN, only when I play a game. Now, surely this isn't a problem with the router because if i leave the PS3 on the XMB or do some web surfing on the PS3 it'll leave me signed in all day. However about 30 seconds after I launch a game, I get signed out of PSN.

I have the 160GB PS3 and one of my housemates has the 60GB he's had for ages and it does the same. This would lead me to believe it is our wireless router is the root of the problem but this doesn't explain the signing out only when a game is launched! It's getting on my nerves!

Also worth noting, if I manage to connect to an online game server before PSN signs out, again it will work perfectly for hours on end. It makes no sense!

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The same thing used to happen to me all the time. Are you getting an error code when you get signed out? I used to get one, and had to open up some ports in order for it to work properly.

Seth

MD Party Room
From my experience it a easy fix.Turn off media sharing... You may have the Linksys router and media sharing makes it crash. If that doesnt work tell me what kind of router it is and I will try and help you.

Also just like Abe said you might want to do some port forwarding...Go here
Find your router.Go in P and look for PlayStation Network. Then just follow the guide.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
I get this all the time, internet works fine but PSN keeps signing out. I get either of these errors 8002AD23 and 8002AD58. I changed my settings to manual and entered the DNS by myself that seemed to have worked for 5 days straight but today i keep getting the 8002AD58 error or "the connection to the PSN has timed out"

I get them occasionally as well. Opening ports made them less frequent, however. What specific ports did you guys open? I've opened TCP 80, 443 & 5223 and UDP 3478 & 3479, just curious if there's anymore I need open. I find a quick fix is to simply power-cycle.

twelve

I'm not dead
For PS3 just setting a static IP and sticking it in the DMZ is much easier.

Until someone hacks a PS3 that's how I'm leaving it. Much easier and zero connection drops.

_Syn

This happens all the time within Resistance 2. Also, sometimes on World at War.

It's worse for Resistance 2, 'cause before I even go to Competitive > Find Game. It gives me an error right away saying that I can't connect to the server or something like that. It happens about .. 4/5 times, and the 1/5 left is my success rate, which is very little. I don't know if it's Insomniac or just my internet connection (wired, second fastest in the promotion).

On World at War, weirdly it only happens when I do good in a game. For example in Hardcore Search and Destroy, I get 850 points (17 kills) and 4 deaths in a game, it signs me out, which means that the points I just got doesn't go into my score and it doesn't count. It annoys me, but not as much as R2. I pretty much know that it's either PSN hates me for getting that many points, or my internet connection (unlikely, or i'd be signing out all the time)