• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Switch friend code not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcvilla00

Hi, I have a problem with my Switch code, it just doesn't sync. I already sync all my other accounts, and I already had on All the private settings, but it just doesn't works. I hope you can help me...

Zager

Edit: Ehhh I had the same problem yesterday and checked date of thread now... Like x3sphere was writeing there is a request rate limiter on syncying nintendo profiles, so I had no luck and was encountering this problem :) I thing the thread can be closed or some thing like that :)

Check if you removed the "-" Character from imputed friend code. I Had the same problem, and that fix resolved it. But after profile save it was showed with "-" once again in edit panel :) Probably there is a problem in backed, because after save the profile will update only once, and after that it will not update anymore even when You use manual sync.
My nintendo profile was not updated after yesterday first sync and after finding this thread I checked what will backend do if I enter once more my friend code without "-" character. Like I was predicting thats whats resolve the problem. So I'm preaty sure that there is some rate limiter or the profile is syncing less often than once a day and there is some kind of problem at the backend when you input your friend code, maybe with input validation or with friend code saving, because values looks different after save.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.