• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

thinking of getting a 360....

MenaceInc

Staff Member
guitar i wanted to get was sold and i can't flipping find it anywhere....so thinking of getting a 360 instead....big decision though is a 360 or pay off the rest of my phone bill to get an internet connection... :\ ....would wanna get F.E.A.R. as well so wondering how it holds up to the PC version?...also,anyone have any idea when Ikaruga would be released on live arcade?....also,if i was to take the 360 up to mum's bf's house,i could get stuff from live and play online up there and do the same at my house when i do get my internet sorted without any problems,right?...it's not like it oculd be locked to the one location?

rabbit

Awesome
XBL is an account. As long as you have an account and internet, you can use it anywhere.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
XBL is an account. As long as you have an account and internet, you can use it anywhere.

ah right,the same as Steam then?good stuff.it's not locked to a specific xbox then?...does that mean i could login at a mates 360 and download an arcade game and they logon,they can play it?...doubt it...but it would still take up HD space,wouldnt it?

internet or 360.....tough choice....

J

Junit

dude , menace , get xbox 360 pro + gears of war , gears is way funner than fear ...

MenaceInc

Staff Member
dude , menace , get xbox 360 pro + gears of war , gears is way funner than fear ...

i tried Gears...it was alright but i wouldnt pay the money for it that they're looking about here....F.E.A.R. is fairly down in price so i would pick it up,especially since i love my PC copy...thing is,the comp i run it on isnt in my house...the 360 would be....Gears of war i would get maybe later on.....

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
ah right,the same as Steam then?good stuff.it's not locked to a specific xbox then?...does that mean i could login at a mates 360 and download an arcade game and they logon,they can play it?...doubt it...but it would still take up HD space,wouldnt it?

Well, see, say you're on Live at a friend's house, you can 'Recover' your GamerTag, which means it'll be locked into that console until you go back home and recover it back onto yours. Be careful with this, though, because say you recover to your friend's and you come home, and don't recover but you play and unlock some achievements, well, you have to recover back onto your console before you can sign into Live again, and it'll take away those achievements because it takes your profile as it was the last time you signed into Live. Also, I believe the arcade games are locked-per-console.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
got a 360 with perfect dark zero and halo 3....no internet connection,remember so i havent been on Live or anything....it does seem pretty good so far but the premium system has a 20gig HD,right?...mine shows up as about 13.9gig capacity... :\

is the rest reserved for a swap file or something?...also,really like being able to play my ipod as background music :D

only got about 5 hours playing though since my gf's just back from China...hehe,she got me an EVA model kit and vanilla coke.....vanilla coke isn't available in the UK anymore :(