• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Xbox 360 Problem

J

Junit

Alright today my Xbox 360 had a problem with the AV cable when I was playing Ninja Gaiden Black , So my screen goes black and I can still hear the sound while im beating those damn mercs with my numbchucks xD , So I turn off my my Xbox and still no picture but I can hear the boot sound and me moving side to side on the dashboard . I'm hoping its my AV cables not the part I stick in the Xbox (see image)
xboxzephyrfg7.jpg

Should I buy new AV cables and test them or just send the whole damn thing to micro$oft ?

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I'd try buying a new AV cable, but to be honest, it's rare for one wire inside a cable to go bad- it's probably something with the 360. I have a strange problem with my 360, lmao, it resets it's time every single time I turn it off. goes back to 11/25/2005, every single time. It's rather annoying.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I'd try buying a new AV cable, but to be honest, it's rare for one wire inside a cable to go bad- it's probably something with the 360. I have a strange problem with my 360, lmao, it resets it's time every single time I turn it off. goes back to 11/25/2005, every single time. It's rather annoying.

i'd say the internal clock battery is dead....although most batterys should last for a good while and not only about 2 years... :\

if its a rechargable li-ion battery of sorts though then i'd sayit may of burst or something maybe :\

Cheezeball99

i'd say the internal clock battery is dead....although most batterys should last for a good while and not only about 2 years... :\

if its a rechargable li-ion battery of sorts though then i'd sayit may of burst or something maybe :\

Well, if it's dead then it was dead when I got it- it's been doing it since I bought it.

And Junit- I don't think so, if the video card fried then you'd get 3RLoD.

Cheezeball99

Did you try using another AV cable?

J

Junit

Not yet , but I really don't feel like spending 20$ to find out my consoles hardware failed xD , but I'll phone a friend to use thiers before I spend money on long distance :/
EDIT : I use another cable and it didn't work :( , My hardware failed :/

Cheezeball99

That really sucks, man. Sorry to hear it.

J

Junit

Yeah , I called it in today and they will be sending a box for me to ship it , 3-5 estimited repair time , just hope they put in the heat sink :D

Cheezeball99

Heh, no kiddin' man! That'd be awesome.:p

J

Junit

Yeah , my warranty ends december and if it messes up i'm gonna just get the falcon model , they've been testing it and not as much problems