• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Seth

MD Party Room
I felt this might make a good topic....Do you guys put the money for Collector

Tho I must say I was really into the halo 3 Collector’s Edition box to be I would be that would be worth my money..

Seriously dude, I need to know what is wrong with you. Do you have some type of learning or writing disorder? How can you possibly type that bad? Are these how you say things in your internal monologue?

For the forums sake, please put some effort into proofreading any and all new threads you make moving forward.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but what was that?

Edit - On topic. Yes I do, the last ones I can remember were Mass Effect, Gears 2, and MGS4.

I very rarely buy a collector's edition copy. It depends what comes with it and my perception of the game or series doesn't really dictate the purchase for me.

I used to only buy them, but the cases they come in stand out to much and makes everything look unorganized, so I stopped buying them. Besides you can only get a concept art book so many times before you get sick of them.

I only got one that I can remember (although there's loads in my house because my broher buys so many of them), that was the HL2 collectors edition (?) that came with Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar, what a book. I love that thing.

I got the Bioshock one (sorta) too come to think about it, with the Big Daddy model. I have to share that though... :P

I bought the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Game of the Year Edition. I count that as a Collector's Edition of mine. I also bought the Assassin's Creed and the Metal Gear Solid 4 Collector's Edition.

Only the GOW2 collectors edition

Halo 3
Fable 2
Rock Band 1
Rock Band 2
Madden NFL 07 Hall of Fame edition (my bro got that)

It depends on the game.

Depends on the game.
If it's really a "I *must* have that" is, I might get the collectors, if available.
Got them for UT2k4 and UT3 and maybe some others I just forgot about.

The more I am into a game, the more I like it, the higher are chances of me getting the collectors edition.

I usually think they're a waste of money, thought the Fallout 3 collectors edition was tempting with that Vault-Tec lunchbox.

Usually no... the extras in CEs are often not worth the price increase to me. However, every once and while I'll budge - that new RE5 bundle looks especially appealing.

If the shit in the box is good, and if I really anticipated the game, I probably will.

I got the GTA 4 one, and GOW2... If Mass Effect 2 has one, I'll get that. I'm starting to wish I got the Survival box for Fallout 3.

If the shit in the box is good, and if I really anticipated the game, I probably will.

I got the GTA 4 one, and GOW2... If Mass Effect 2 has one, I'll get that. I'm starting to wish I got the Survival box for Fallout 3.

Ah yes, that lunchbox looked really nice. I wanted to buy it, but passed on the offer knowing as how I won't care once I pop the game in:D

It depends on the game and the extras included.

I've bought the GTA Collectors Edition since I'm a huge GTA fan.
I probably would have got the collectors edition of Halo 3 if I had a xbox 360 when it was released, since that Masterchief Helmet was really cool.

The Fable 2 collectors edition was absolute crap, especially since most people got the Halo clothes free anyways, (if you live in Canada, just download the language file) so all that was left was the Making of DVD which you can find over the net.

The X-Blades collectors edition is perfect example of extras to include, unfortunately I don't see myself playing the game for more than a week.

Any game that includes an action figure, or some sort of physical item that relates to the game(not including the Making of DVD's), I always highly consider getting.

Ah yes, that lunchbox looked really nice. I wanted to buy it, but passed on the offer knowing as how I won't care once I pop the game in:D

Well I'm talking about the Survial edition which came with a Pip-boy alarm clock...

After playing the game, I want one bad >_>

12075251785l.jpg

Well I'm talking about the Survial edition which came with a Pip-boy alarm clock...

After playing the game, I want one bad >_>

[qimg]http://www.overclock3d.net/gfx/articles/2008/06/12075251785l.jpg[/qimg]

That clock looks sweet..I saw it online for 130 a while back I think...It still alot of a game tho..

Back