• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC 2K: No Further DLC Updates Planned for BioShock 2 PC

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
bioshock2platformparity.jpg

According to a statement from 2K Games rep Elizabeth Tobey, the company has decided to cease releasing further downloadable content updates for the PC version of aquatic shooter BioShock 2. That means DLC offerings*Protector Trials and Minerva's Den, both of which extend the single-player portion, will remain console exclusive[...]

Continue reading: 2K: No Further DLC Updates Planned for BioShock 2 PC...

EvilSeph

Administrator
Gee, thanks. Hit us with some crappy multiplayer that doesn't do the game justice, then give us DLC that adds more content while not fixing the core. Now you decide to not let us experience a single player extension... And single player was what made the game awesome. I couldn't even stand multiplayer, I hope companies can realise that dedicated servers (developer AND user hosted) is the way to go.

Cloudy

Sigh. There are no such technical issues. Due to the the nature of the PC, it should actually be easier to add DLC and have more control.
Gearbox certainly had no trouble with borderlands DLC.
I just don't understand why PC users are considered second class citizens, we made a choice just like any console owner. This just feels like a kick in the nuts.

Kwipper

I bet this is because they were pissed off that PC users were pirating the hell out of their game. So they decided to punish us by not releasing DLC for it.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
LOL PC takes the shaft again. Enjoy your CS:S and sit in the corner WASDfags.

I guess you have to appreciate the level of difficulty it is to release content for all mediums for the game - considering its primarily a console game. You can complain about how it sucks but theres always a line that studios have to find and say enough is enough when it comes to releasing content for a multifaceted game.

Colm

I guess you have to appreciate the level of difficulty it is to release content for all mediums for the game - considering its primarily a console game.

But Bioshock was developed as a PC game, or so I thought. (The last Irrational Games game before Bioshock was PC exclusive and ran on the same Unreal Engine that BioShock did. BioShock used a lot of PC-exclusive features like DirectX10 support.)
Now I'm not sure how Bioshock 2 was developed. It used the same engine, probably much of the same code and assets that the original Bioshock did. So it wouldn't surprise me if the game at its core was developed primarily as a PC game as well.

ohstallion

E-mail: meg.maise@take2games.com
an email campaign under way, LOTS of folks have told me they already sent, here's a form letter you can just copy and paste (you can also edit to get other points across):
"Dear Meg,
As a Bioshock 2 customer, I am outraged that 2K has decided to not release additional DLC content for the PC (namely Minerva's Den).
I find this upsetting for several reasons:
1) In 2K's original announcement for Minerva's Den, 2K stated that a PC release was forthcoming - to backtrack on a statement like that constitutes a broken promise and hurts 2K's overall credibility and public image for all users.
2) More importantly, by your actions you're telling the PC market that we don't matter. If this is truly how 2K Games feels, then just come out and say so. As PC users we'll simply make sure not to purchase your games if we're to be treated as second-class citizens. And as much as we like the Bioshock universe, you should already start cutting back your projections for Bioshock Infinite if this is the half-hearted support you intend to provide for that title as well.
I do not know what sort of flawed cost / benefit analysis went into your decision-making process, but based on the anger and the number of responses I've seen in comments posted on numerous websites (including 2K Forums), I think you are being short-sighted in thinking that a PC release would not be worth the time or effort. I have read the extremely positive reviews for Minerva's Den and would have even prepaid for the DLC if 2K needed to guarantee a certain level of downloads to ensure profitability. Instead 2K has hurt its own image by handling this issue in such a haphazard fashion.
I urge you to reconsider your decision and rebuild your trust with your customers - they're your ultimate stakeholders, not the shareholders, and will decide the ultimate success of Take Two Interactive as a company.
Best Regards,
[Your Name]