• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

6.30 version.txt warning!

MajorPSP156

Major PSP
Warning! I have a problem with my PSP it started when i wanted to try out the 6.30 version.txt after i was done using the new 6.30 psardumper and when i exit out of the recovery menu out of no where i've gotten an sony error message like this
rsodhc6.png
but luckly i can still use the recovery menu and i want to know what can i do to fix this so i won't happen to anyone else or to ME again? i really don't want to lose my psp over something stupid

P.S it seems like sony is starting on the move again so i guess this time if anyone uses the 6.30 version.txt you get that horrible error message screen

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
What model is your PSP, can't you pandorize it?

Riorio99

Isn't the Red Screen Of (PSP) Death normally a hardware error? I know the Blue one was a Flash1 corruption.

Best option is to restore the original version.txt if possible, or Pandora it back to health if you can.

elite

Oldie moldie
If you don't have Pandora, you can use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sony added protection against version.txt modification ages ago. Nothing new.

Skorpian

Hmmm...
I change the version.txt to 9.90 or 6.20 and nothing happens.
EDIT: You probably mean copying version.txt not changing the version in the file in flash0

Hellcat

Contributor
Sony added protection against version.txt modification ages ago. Nothing new.
THIS....

If you don't have Pandora, you can use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher.
....and THAT.

Isn't the Red Screen Of (PSP) Death normally a hardware error? I know the Blue one was a Flash1 corruption.
No, the RSOD is on critical SW errors the FW can "intercept" instead of the simple "crash and shutdown after 10sec." thing.

A sure way to provoke it is to mess with index.dat and version.txt (what a coincidence xD).
Damaging essential .PRXs that doesn't make it just crash causes it too.

EDIT: You probably mean copying version.txt not changing the version in the file in flash0
That is what he literally wrote, yes.

MajorPSP156

Major PSP
Thanks Guys for the help :D but what to do with the Hellcat recovery menu? this is really my first time happening before and when this happened i thought it was a goner :( and i also thought what might happen if i reinstall a CFW while this was happening? But anyways Thanks alot! :D

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

and also i've copyed the version.txt from after dumping the new 6.30 F0 from the psardumper. and also i made a 6.20 dump using the new psardumper and after i changed it back to 6.20 it came with the same error

MajorPSP156

Major PSP
not yet really but i just want to make sure if i fix this correctly and yet no one told me what to do yet on how to fix the RSOD :( but i appericate everyone's help about the situation and to tell the truth this is the very first time this ever happened to me and the PSP.

coyotebean

Are you sure you have only changed version.txt and not index.dat? What's the model of your PSP? There is a bug in psardumper that it only extracted 1 version of index.dat because all model point to the same file, so only 1 file is left in vsh/etc directory. The simplest thing is to reinstall your CFW.

MajorPSP156

Major PSP
yeah i've just relasted that it was the vsh folder i've messed with because i've only changed like said the index01g.dat and the version.txt from your psardumper after getting it dumped. thanks alot :) so once i've reinstall the cfw will it go away? if it does then thank you very much for the help :D but the truth is i just wanted to try out the new 6.30 version.txt to see if the psn demos will work on it or so.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

oh and also my PSP model is a 1001 :) the 1000 series system

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

i'd try to reinstall the cfw, i didn't work it just shuted down my PSP :( but luckly my PSP did not gotten bricked during its process :w00t: but should i now use the idstorage regenration app to fix it? because for a weird reason it will not let me use the Hellcat Recovery Menu :confused: i don't know why and how but should i use the idstorage app or not? i really don't want to mess up my psp for no reason and trying out diffrent apps without a reason to see if it actully will work.

imported_ruyor

i'd try to reinstall the cfw, i didn't work it just shuted down my PSP :( but luckly my PSP did not gotten bricked during its process :w00t: but should i now use the idstorage regenration app to fix it? because for a weird reason it will not let me use the Hellcat Recovery Menu :confused: i don't know why and how but should i use the idstorage app or not? i really don't want to mess up my psp for no reason and trying out diffrent apps without a reason to see if it actully will work.

If all you did was replace a few files in flash0, then it's not an IDStorage problem. Just use DC8 (or something similar) to reinstall a CFW, or find a way to dump 5.50 using PSARDumper and put the index01g.dat from 5.50 in your flash0.

MajorPSP156

Major PSP
Hey Guys, My PSP is back to life!! :D and its all thanks to ruygor for the help and also everyone who also help but all it really was i had to replace the 6.30 index01g.dat to 5.50's index01g.dat :D and now im finally back to the XMB :w00t: but now my internet browser won't work for a reason but i'll find a way to fix that problem ;)

P.S if you want you can closed this thread if you guys want too i don't care anymore

MajorPSP156

Major PSP
and also btw, now my PSP won't access the internet browser but the internet connection works fine :huh: but by any chance you guys can help me out again. this is the last time i'll ask for any help again guys :cool:

imported_ruyor

You have two options:

1: Reinstall 5.50 GEN-D3 from scratch (like from Recovery Flasher)
or
2: Use the Netfront Beta 4 browser

The Netfront browser is exactly like the PSP one, but it's modded to use more memory so it runs better. You can get it here:Netfront Internet Browser Beta 4

MajorPSP156

Major PSP
oh alright man, thanks alot for your help and everything :D but i've used the netfront browser beta 4 thing but it won't let me use it for no reason :confused: but instead im about to reinstall 5.50 Gen-D3 like you said :D