• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Anticipated Video Games for 2009

Colm

Alan Wake. Hey, we can dream...

inFamous and Prototype. Two similar-looking games, both looking BRILLIANT. Probably going to side with inFamous though. I like the idea and it is made by Sucker Punch who've done great games in the past.

Wolfenstien and RAGE. Cool to see id again. Hopefully the new Wolf game can live up to the brilliance of 3D. Return to Castle was a good game IMO.

God of War III. The series ROCKED. Should be an interersting test of how far the PS3 can go.

BioShock 2 (since BioShock doesn't seem to be working on my PC).

Killzone 2, because the developers are like Free Radical; they know how multiplayer works. Killzone had brilliant split-screen, Liberation had some awesome online.

CoD5 (MW2), great Online and split-screen definitely.

Also, Burnout Paradise's new DLC and of course the upcoming TF2 and L4D free DLC.

Vee

Heavy Rain. From what i've heard, its graphics are so good, its hard to tell the difference between a character and an actual human being.

twelve

I'm not dead
Most of what I'm looking forward to has been covered except these:

Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Final Fantasy Agito XIII
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Gran Turismo 5
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chains of Memories (hasn't got a PAL date yet :()
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
TimeSplitters 4 (I can dream)

Seth

MD Party Room
O yea forgot that the Kingdom Hearts games where coming out this year that should be something to look forward to as also...Huge fan..

Joey

Most of what I'm looking forward to has been covered except these:

Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Final Fantasy Agito XIII
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Gran Turismo 5
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chains of Memories (hasn't got a PAL date yet :()
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
TimeSplitters 4 (I can dream)

Why not just have Square's penis surgically implanted into your anus?

twelve

I'm not dead
O yea forgot that the Kingdom Hearts games where coming out this year that should be something to look forward to as also...Huge fan..

Re: Chains of memory came out in December in the US. If a PAL release isn't announced soon I may have to stick a HDD in my PS2 again and download it.

Dan

Contributor
Lord of The Rings Conquest looks epic

shouldn't be too long before it's out now

Chathurga

That'd be rather awkward D:

Alan Wake, completely forgot about that. Hasn't it been in development for years? Hope it comes out this year, could be a great game.

twelve

I'm not dead
Sorry that they make games that I like. I could have mixed the list up but it would just be repetition of what everyone else has already said.

Joey

Sorry that they make games that I like. I could have mixed the list up but it would just be repetition of what everyone else has already said.

Naw, that's cool, I'm just giving you shit...

Anyway, if that TMNT game is good, I may just have to buy a Wii. Between that and the Klonoa remake, and SSBB, I may have to look back into investing in a Wii again.

Might trade in my PS3 or 360 for it.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran

Yep it's the only upcoming release other then killzone 2 and skate 2 that i know of. Because I've made a habit of not following game releases. at least up until they are close to being released. Cause then I save myself the trouble of being annoyed when games take to long to come out.

EvilSeph

Administrator
I'm seriously disappointed when it comes to games and have been for a while now. Every game is either a rehash of an old one (different story counts as a rehash) or something badly done. I'm still on the look out for a game that will blow me away with innovation.

I-Fluid is one of the games I've found that do that. I haven't really had time to follow news on upcoming games, are there any that aren't rehashed? Was someone able to come up with a new genre or something?

I guess I'm still waiting for Diablo and Starcraft rehashes to arrive if I had to stay on topic.

Seth

MD Party Room
I'm seriously disappointed when it comes to games and have been for a while now. Every game is either a rehash of an old one (different story counts as a rehash) or something badly done. I'm still on the look out for a game that will blow me away with innovation.

I-Fluid is one of the games I've found that do that. I haven't really had time to follow news on upcoming games, are there any that aren't rehashed? Was someone able to come up with a new genre or something?

I guess I'm still waiting for Diablo and Starcraft rehashes to arrive if I had to stay on topic.

What about
Braid
Dead Space
Patapon
No More Heroes
Left 4 Dead
The World Ends with you...
World of Goo
Folklore
LittleBigPlanet
Sins of a Solar Empire
Mirror Edge
That quite a bit of of games for new IPs.

New Ip for 2009
MadWorld (Okami, DMC1, Viewtiful Joe Series)
Rage (Doom and Quake series)
Alan Wake (Max Payne series)
inFAMOUS (Sly Cooper series)
Prototype (The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction)
Dante's Inferno (Dead Space)
Bayonetta (see MadWorld)
Brutal Legend (Grim Fandango, Psychonauts)
L.A. Noire (misc. Sony backgrounds, including The Getaway)
M.A.G. (SOCOM PS2 series)
Project Offset
Heavy Rain (Farenheit/Indigo Prophecy, Omikron: The Nomad Soul)
White Knight Chronicles (Dragon Quest VIII, Rogue Galaxy)
H.A.W.X. (Blazing Angels)
Alpha Protocol (Neverwinter Knights 2, KOTOR 2)
Nobi Nobi Boy (Katamari Damacy)
(new Ip list from Corey_Barlog_SM)