• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Archaemic: I guess I'm here.

Archaemic

After spike bugged me for quite a while to join here (since early January, I think), I finally decided to join--even though I am still retired from PSP development and basically the PSP scene as well (although I still have one thing unreleased...need to get around to testing it better, but my PSP link cable is destroyed, so I can't really test it myself until I get a new one).

So, um, hi? I'm not sure what I'll contribute here since I'm retired from the scene. Hoping to get an OpenPandora once the second batch comes around, but that won't be for another couple of months at least.

Also, I appear to be user 404.

E] Why did it tag this with "guess" after I explicitly removed it from the list of tags...? Ker-untagged.

Mraellis

Heya Archaemic.

Do you think you will be doing any deving for the Pandora when you get one?

User 404, haha.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
After spike bugged me for quite a while to join here (since early January, I think), I finally decided to join--even though I am still retired from PSP development and basically the PSP scene as well (although I still have one thing unreleased...need to get around to testing it better, but my PSP link cable is destroyed, so I can't really test it myself until I get a new one).

So, um, hi? I'm not sure what I'll contribute here since I'm retired from the scene. Hoping to get an OpenPandora once the second batch comes around, but that won't be for another couple of months at least.

Also, I appear to be user 404.

[HIGHLIGHT]E] Why did it tag this with "guess" after I explicitly removed it from the list of tags...? Ker-untagged.[/HIGHLIGHT]

I've removed the tag. We use an automatic tagging system which pulls key words from the thread titles people create. Looks like there is a bug we need to look into.

Also, welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Welcome to MforMature, Archaemic.

So how long where you in the PSP Scene?

Archaemic

I was in the scene from, I believe, November of 2006 until late 2008. You may remember me (not Troy McClure :p) from such works as PSPComic or the Illuminati Exploit :)

Actually, now that I think about it, I have two unreleased things that are basically done, but one will not be released for various reasons and the other needs further testing.

If/when I get a Pandora, I definitely plan to do some devving for it. Not sure what yet. I'm working on a game for the computer right now that I should be able to port to OpenGL ES if I get the chance. Of course, by the time I'm done, I'm not sure the Pandora will still be alive. I've been working on it since August and I don't really have much to speak of yet other than about 7k lines of code and a meager test suite.

E] Furthermore, the "guess" tag keeps reappearing o_O

Archaemic; said:
I was in the scene from, I believe, November of 2006 until late 2008. You may remember me (not Troy McClure :p) from such works as PSPComic or the Illuminati Exploit :)

Troy McClure -> LOL! :w00t:

And concerning development, I might start coding for the PSP soon. I found something that is Open Source, so I can work and learn about PSP coding from that.

Also, concerning the Illuminati Exploit, I wasn't part of the scene at the time (I joined the PSP Scene about around the time of the release of 3.71 M33-2 and Despertar Cementerio v2), so I didn't know that you helped in it.

Its cool that a [former?] PSP Scener is actually here, live at MforMature Forums though. :)

spike021 said:
Glad to see you finally heeded my advice. :D

Well.. I already learned some coding tutorials over at Exophase before, but there is also help available here that will be necessary.

Its ok. Understood. :)

Now I know why the post did not make a little sense.