• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

beginners tips/advice?

pcstalljr

teen! hide your daughters
hey guys! im looking to start development for the psp. homebrew and all. i know alittle C# but. and a tiny bit of C. and i have dabbled in some LUA before but not much. im just wondering where to start and all. do you have any sites you recommend? im on a windows XP system ATM. and would like to be programing on this because my linux box needs a new power supply. :) just wondering where to start. thanks :D

pcstalljr

I recommend learning a little more LUA if your not that great in it, a lot of homebrew is made by it

Not sure how reliable it is but it has homebrew tutorials PSP-Programming.com

awesome thanks. ill look into the LUA programing :)

Alien

Cool :D.

I will start learning LUA.

rileysnotz

I want to learn C and then look into LUA. I know Java.... Dunno if it'll make it easier! can anyone suggest a good site for C? keep in mind I will be starting from scratch

Hardrive

Contributor
I want to learn C and then look into LUA. I know Java.... Dunno if it'll make it easier! can anyone suggest a good site for C? keep in mind I will be starting from scratch

If you already KNOW Java, it would most likely be easier to learn C++, as this is an object oriented language, like Java.

Strif3

I find every C++ tutorial the same, Im alright with C++ in every tutorial until i hit pointers, which makes me give up.

pcstalljr

i have a (stupid) question. i have microsoft visual studio 2008. and you guys said that you can do psp development in C++? is there a way i can develop for the PSP in visual studio? because every time i try to set up the PSPSDK. i get about 6 hours into it and it fails for a random reason... :scared:

winterTTr

i have a (stupid) question. i have microsoft visual studio 2008. and you guys said that you can do psp development in C++? is there a way i can develop for the PSP in visual studio? because every time i try to set up the PSPSDK. i get about 6 hours into it and it fails for a random reason... :scared:

I think , it is a good idea to develop under the Linux OS or cygwin on windows.
Google for "psp development" for more info. :)

pcstalljr

I think , it is a good idea to develop under the Linux OS or cygwin on windows.
Google for "psp development" for more info. :)

(stupid me) i forgot to update my post. it is possable. (i just had EXTREME problems both with cygwin and the psptoolchain and my linux box is dead)

but i used MinPSPW and this tutorial and got it working. :) thanks guys

winterTTr

(stupid me) i forgot to update my post. it is possable. (i just had EXTREME problems both with cygwin and the psptoolchain and my linux box is dead)

but i used MinPSPW and this tutorial and got it working. :) thanks guys

i used latest cygwin and the toolchains from svn .
And until now it works well .

You can try it , if possible .

PS:MinPSPW is realy a good one :love:

pcstalljr

i used latest cygwin and the toolchains from svn .
And until now it works well .

You can try it , if possible .

PS:MinPSPW is realy a good one :love:

i havnt had a problem so far. ive already made about 15 crapy programs :p

but i am now useing. minpspw, DEVC++. dev CPP was alittle hard to set up with the compiler at first though. and incase your wondering. i would first recamend going here to start out. and then here for more info...you do have to sign up to click the links. but its worth it!

if theres more beginners on this site id love to hear from them :p