• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

[BUG] Logged off/Visitor Website missbehaving

I'm looking at my profile while logged out (as if I was a visitor) and the game list is pretty bugged. This is number of awards sorting. Website only loaded until Portal by default (and the list is correctly sorted at that point, BUT ALSO MISSES SOME GAMES that appear down below completely randomly sorted) but when I scrolled down enough that more games needed to be loaded, duplicated games started to appear (Reventure, Beat Cop, Hotline Miami but there are more bugged missing and duplicated games below with completely random sortings). This is fixed if you click again on the same sorting option, but by default, a visitor that is not logged in will see a completely bugged list.

I've tried in incognito in chrome and firefox, as well as regular chrome while logged off and it always happens. Ah, and that only happens if you're not logged in.

firefox_jdvhGRdwrD.png

Btw, just for clarification, the list tries to sort by number of achievements correctly, but misses some games that only load later when you scroll down and at that point duplicated games also appear.

firefox_Hbo8ztQOBO.png

If it helps you: it happens in the general list (with all the platforms combined) as well as individual platforms. The problem is when the website tries to load more stuff, at that point is when things get completely messed up.

I also noticed that Retroachivements games are not showing at all in my general list when I'm logged off. They will show under the Retroachivement tab but not on the combined platform tab.

The website missbeheaves a lot if you're not logged in. Please take a look into it and ask me anything you need. Thanks for the help

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It should be fixed now. It always defaults to Last Played now while logged out.

It should be fixed now. It always defaults to Last Played now while logged out.

Thanks, but it isn't possible to fix it instead of not letting anyone use anything else than last played or the code is too broken? For me a big part of the charm of this website is being able to show the achievements to random people, so most people are just logged off, so removing options for that scenario is kind of a bummer.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks, but it isn't possible to fix it instead of not letting anyone use anything else than last played or the code is too broken? For me a big part of the charm of this website is being able to show the achievements to random people, so most people are just logged off, so removing options for that scenario is kind of a bummer.
Well, it was unintentional that it was using the user’s setting while logged out.

At least when logged in, it also uses your sort setting for all profiles you view including your own. That was always intended as a personal option.

Could it be applied while logged out - yes. Just seems kind of confusing though, when browsing profiles on the site you’d expect the sort order to be the same across all. That’s how it has been for awhile, I suspect this bug was introduced fairly recently after reviewing what caused it.

As a middle ground - could maybe add a way to link your profile with the sort order intact though. So if you want to share a link to your profile ordered by completed games it’d give you a specialized link to do that, but people browsing the site normally would still see the default order.

Well, it was unintentional that it was using the user’s setting while logged out.

At least when logged in, it also uses your sort setting for all profiles you view including your own. That was always intended as a personal option.

Could it be applied while logged out - yes. Just seems kind of confusing though, when browsing profiles on the site you’d expect the sort order to be the same across all. That’s how it has been for awhile, I suspect this bug was introduced fairly recently after reviewing what caused it.

As a middle ground - could maybe add a way to link your profile with the sort order intact though. So if you want to share a link to your profile ordered by completed games it’d give you a specialized link to do that, but people browsing the site normally would still see the default order.

Yea, I guess if your absolute priority is letting users decide how the website is shown to them and override the owner's profile settings. To me, it makes more sense to let users showcase their profile as however they want, specially to unregistered users (and I really think most people don't even know this because they always see their profile while logged in and think that's how its showing to everyone) I don't share that view but I understand it and obviously not gonna try to force you into changing it.

If it works correctly and its not bugged like it was before, the thing you just proposed is a really good alternative for those who want to share that link in their socials. Hope you consider it and thanks for listening