• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Cannot play newer games such as god of war? Try this!

becoz

Ok,i made this guide so that other users who have the same problem as me can make their games work. Attempt the solutions provided,but i do not guarantee that it will work. :smile:

The error that i gotten while trying to copy God of War: Chain of Olympus to my PSP:
cannot copy GOW:data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Solution 1:
Upgrade your System Software

3.90 M33 Install Guide

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a step by step guide for installing the newly released 3.90 M33. Please note that you must be running 3.52 M33-3, or higher to begin this installation. Do note that if you're already running 3.80 M33 and have a WiFi connection, you can simply update to 3.90 M33 by selecting Network Update from the PSP XMB.

Installation Guide

First grab the 3.90 M33 files and extract them.

1. Copy the UPDATE folder contained in the archive to X:/PSP/GAME

2. Download the 3.90 EBOOT, and then place it in X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

3. Navigate to the Game menu on the PSP and execute the program, it will not run unless there is 78 percent battery free.

4. Press X and the update process will start. Yes it may look similar to a regular Sony update but don't worry!

5. Once finished, the updater will ask you to press X or O to reboot. You MUST do this, otherwise you'll end up with a brick.

6. You've successfully installed 3.90 M33!.

Credits to x3Sphere for making the guide.
Original thread here

Solution 2:
Reformat your memory stick

step 1: backup all your data in your PSP into your computer.

Step 2: Go to settings,choose system settings,format memory stick
Credits to x3Sphere for telling me this method.

After trying out solution 1 &/or 2,copy the game and your data back into ur PSP.
Hope it works for you. :smile: