• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

CFW for PSP 3000 with 5.03

mubark100

I have slim PSP 300 with 5.03
almost every week I have to install ChickHEN Revision 2 as well as GEN-A, then B then C.

Is there any good solution to avoid flashing my PSP on weekly basis.

Organized_Chaos

That is your only option. Although I didn't know you had to flash GEN-A and then B before you could do C. (I don't have that kind of PSP)

Just don't let the PSP get turned off and you won't have to keep re-flashing it.

mubark100

Thanks for your reply, re-flashing is done once you press more on power switch.
It will rest the PSP.

I am thinking over upgrading the frimware (5.03) to higher one, will it solve my issue?

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
If youre on a 3k, and willing to just use Half Byte Loader, then yeah. But, you arent willing to make that change then stick with ChickHen and GEN-A/B/C.

mubark100

What is the benifit of using Half Byte Loader? and what is the precaution that I have to know before / after I use it??

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
HBL is just a way to run unsigned code, much like ChickHen. But, its run through a Patapon 2 demo savegame exploit. So the way to really play the games/emulators would be by running the Patapon 2 demo savegame.

Organized_Chaos

The only custom firmware for a PSP 3000 is 5.03. If you upgrade past that you lose all access to custom firmware. There is no way to downgrade back to 5.03 and there is no custom firmware for firmware higher than 5.03.

The Half-Byte Loader lets users run homebrew if they have updated past 5.03 to 6.20. It does not work on firmware 6.30 or 6.31. It does not allow you to use a custom firmware. It does not let you play ISO or CSO games.

I would not upgrade if I were you.