• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Collector's Edition of Games

Seth

MD Party Room
So im going threw amazon today and I come across that there are alot of "Collector's Edition" games all pretty darn expensive and it makes me wonder if anyone is picking up any of the Collector's Edition games.

Here a quick list

Fallout: New Vegas Collector's Edition 80.00
Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition 100.00
LittleBigPlanet 2: Collector's Edition 80.00
Dead Rising 2 Collector's Edition 80.00
Halo Reach Legendary Edition 150.

So what Collector's Edition are you guys picking up?

I plan on getting Fallout: New Vegas and LittleBigPlanet 2.

Serideth

None, I don't bother buying collectors editions unless it has stuff that justifies the price or is on sale for good value.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
None, I don't bother buying collectors editions unless it has stuff that justifies the price or is on sale for good value.

Same.

Last three collector's editions I got were Crisis Core, Dissidia and Persona. They were cheap and really worth it.

Serideth

Same.

Last three collector's editions I got were Crisis Core, Dissidia and Persona. They were cheap and really worth it.

Yeah I'd probably try to get the Final Fantasy ones if I was buying them. Last one I got was the PS3 Fallout 3 one. Second hand unopened for half the price of a new copy of the normal game.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Yeah I'd probably try to get the Final Fantasy ones if I was buying them. Last one I got was the PS3 Fallout 3 one. Second hand unopened for half the price of a new copy of the normal game.

That is an epic deal my friend.

Hardrive

Contributor
I've never purchased a collector's edition game. I can't justify spending extra money for shit I'm going to throw out

MenaceInc

Staff Member
The only Collector's Edition of a game that I can think of that I've bought is Fallout 3. It was the same cost as the game on it's own and came with a Brotherhood of Steel figure. It was on Halloween too :D

Seth

MD Party Room
On a side note I just pre ordered Fallout: New Vegas and LittleBigPlanet 2 for 72 a piece via gamestop :)

Using the code play15

El Diablo

Starcraft 2 is 100 dollars and I think most of the WoW expansion packs are too, or close. It sucks because there's some nice stuff in them but I don't think it's ever enough to actually be worth 100 bucks :(.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Gears of War 2 and Modern Warfare Prestige edition have been the only collector edition games I've bought.

Don't plan on buying anymore.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
The last one I can recall buying is perfect dark zero. (I'd like to forget ever purchasing that game altogether)
The last one I wanted was Bioshock 2.

I bought them a lot more last gen cause I like the metal cases and they were only $10 more, Now they go up to $100+ and it's not really worth it to me. I have no use for an action figure, NVG, or a snow globe, the "making of" videos and art books can be found online if you care enough about those. The only one I ever watched was God of War 3 and you didn't need to buy a special edition to see that.

I say the only type collector editions should be limited editions, come with soundtracks, and should only be for established game series.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I agree with you Craig. Mostly app of the CE editions I picked up were because they were the metal case editions for $10 more.

@zero and hardrive - The majority of people who purchase these are actually "collecting" them, so throwing them out is not something they plan on doing.