• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gaming Crytek: Graphics Make Up '60 Percent of the Game'

David Sanchez

Crysis-3.jpg

The importance of graphics in video games has been a long-running debate since 3D gaming was introduced and we got our first glimpse of rotational polygons. It seems that Crytek head Cevat Yerli believes visuals account for most of the immersion and world in video games, making them 60 percent of what makes up a title.

"People say that graphics don’t matter, but play Crysis and tell me they don’t matter," stated Yerli.

Continue reading...

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Yes I agree. People CARE about graphics. They just don't like to admit it. While those of us whom do , like myself often get derrided and bashed for it.

Yet when new consoles come all people seem to care about is "Graphix" like Wii U "OMG Graphics not insanely better, no buy!"

However, if only Crytek could use their passion to create more emotional response in their storytelling. The games never feel like they can make up their mind between being sandbox or wanting to just tell a damn good story. Which Crysis has always had the potential to . But always fell short.

LocutusEstBorg

I concur. I don't play games with shitty graphics. Even if it's 2D, it has to look good like in the case of Superbrothers.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Yes I agree. People CARE about graphics. They just don't like to admit it. While those of us whom do , like myself often get derrided and bashed for it.
It's easy to say that when your in that camp already. Graphics don't make a game, their have been plenty of great looking crappy games that rely solely on the graphics to sell their game. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy good graphics, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying good games that does not make my graphics card cry.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Well good graphics is entirely subjective. It doesn't have to be like Crysis to have good graphics and at the same time it's not saying that the experience entirely conciciously relies on focusing on the graphics. It's can be a very subconcious thing.