• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dark_AleX Releases 3.71 M33-3, Updated Popsloader

o2byzst

Ok, so I'm a little confused when it comes to this. Here's my current setup: I have one of the original PSPs (1.50 fw) that has been upgraded to the 3.10 OE-A fw. I want to upgrade to the most recent custom fw (3.71 M33-3) but I'm not quite sure which method to follow. I've read the tutorials on this site and more but I'm still a little sketchy.

There's two obvious choices, the 3.51 or 3.71 both the M33 fws. Here's the thing, I also have custom emulators that I run under the 1.50 to play old NES, SNES, Genesis, etc games. My main goal is to be able to play the Ps1 games.

Can someone out there help me with this?

Thanks.

Acerthief

If your main goal is playing PSX games, 3.52M33 would be enough. HERE's the guide to upgrade and updates. :D

o2byzst

Also, what is the difference between the two fw? I've heard/read that the 3.71 M33-3 is the absolute best. Is it that difficult to update or is 3.52 just the most stable?

Acerthief

For stable, go for 3.52M33, then update to 3.52M33-4

For feature, go for 3.71M33, then update to 3.71M33-3

Here's the link, whichi includes both upgrades and updates:
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=1504

(the link on the previous post was hyperlinked to the word "HERE" ;) )

Wannabe Hacker

<p>Can you install 3.60m33 if you don't already custom firmware? Can you use the pandora's memory stick for installing other firmware after you update to 3.60 m33? Do you have to delete the 3.60 update on the pandora's memory stick to install other firmware?
Please help!</p>

Wannabe Hacker

<p>Sorry I forgot to write this in my last comment. Can I install 3.60 m33 with a pandora's battery if I have regular 3.71 Sony firmware?</p>