• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dark_AleX Retires From The PSP Scene

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
Thanks D_A, for all your hard work. You will be sorely missed. :( Farewell.

Time for me to bury myself in decrypted PSP fw and OE firmware data.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
wow...really is a hit to the psp scene...and new UMD games are getting awefully close to 3.40....MGS: PO had a 3.03 update on it.... so hope someone else can work on new OE or something similiar.

thanks a lot Dark_AleX for your work :)

Chilly Willy

Contributor
I know man I just wanted to try to make it clear that we dont miss him just because of the oe fw's

Well, yes. We'll all miss him, but there's too many people screaming about this being the end of homebrew. Like suddenly all the programs that worked yesterday are all going to fail since D_A left. D_A made running homebrew EASIER, but really didn't do any homebrew himself to speak of. There are a lot of people out there who probably feel insulted over how much some folks are wailing about the PSP being useless simply because D_A won't update OE anymore. I'm not trying to trivialize D_A, but he was a TINY part of the homebrew scene, even if the most highly visible part.

bufinjer

I'm sad to see DA go, and I hope that his work will continue with others. I have alot of respect for what he did for the community, and the PSP itself. Becus25 has worked on his own custom firmware, he may take over the custom firmware scene now that DA is gone. I know there are alot of good coders out there, so I'm not worried that work will continue...I just wish I had the time to invest in it more myself. Noobz is doing their part as well.

hyphyburg

3.51 OE will not be released now unfortunately. D_A also has no plans to return. The OE source code will not be released as well.

We'll just have to hope someone else has the skills to make a custom firmware like OE. Or if BOOSTER will continue DevHook development.

yeah well ill be suprised if booter wants to
cuz he was forggoten there for a minaute
after oe came out dev was done lol
but booter plz help us we need u!
seriously tho i loved d_a stuff i dont understand why he couldent leave a starting point for anyone else.
but maybe he felt bad he was allowing all of us to cheat sony out of ALOT of money not only them but nintendo everyone.
anyways ill miss u d_a

Electric eel

Lets show some appreciation!

How many of us around the world have used Dark Alex's custom firmware, and other Psp utilities he has coded,..... but have not shown appreciation by making a donation to him?
It would be the right thing to give him a good retirement present by making a donation, to just say a big thanks for all he has done for the PsP scene.
If you have used his software, and enjoyed using it, and have a Paypal account, it's easy to make a payment to the guy!
If you wish to make a donation (no matter how small... or how big!) all you need to do is to log into Paypal, click on "send money" and enter the recipent as downgrader@lan.st
Enter the amount you would like to send, and thank Dark Alex.

Rock on DAX!

avivp12

Its sad to here that DAX left the PSP scene now that the new games will
show up they will require the newest FW...
and the most of us i think have the 3.40OE.
Hopefully that somone will show up with a great skills allmost like
D_A and create new cfw..
im fully respect the choice of D_A!
i will miss your projects...
P.S: i will donate some money to D_A!!