• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Deactivating an account

Adiuvo

Are you offering to pay the $130 fee? It's a lot to pay for just a deactivation, but you probably paid more for that for the games on the account.

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
Can't you have your account activated on like 5 PS3's? Unless you share your stuff a lot, just continue or if you have reached the sharing limit, deactivate the account from one of the other 4 PS3's you activated your account on.

Hellcat

Contributor
No.
Only way is to convince Sony support to pick up the issue and find a way to release the slot of the no longer working device.

Plan-B however would be to repair the thing and deactivate it once it's running again.
Is still YLOD'ing or is it completely dead now?
YL is usually a faulty PSU, that can be repaired or replaced.

Dan

Contributor
Considering your phat's warranty is voided and your fucked anyway, you may as well try fixing the YLOD yourself. I mean, hey, you have nothing to loose.

Part 1

Part 2

There's also a tutorial by glisky, whereas he heats both sides of the motherboard.

This IS only temporary, but you should have enough time to de-activate your accounts on it. Don't be a douche and go sell it though :p

@Hellcat: I'm pretty sure 90% of the time was due to the solder liquefying on the CPU & GPU due to heating in a non-ventilated area. That's what a lot of people told me, including Sony.

Hellcat

Contributor
@Hellcat: I'm pretty sure 90% of the time was due to the solder liquefying on the CPU & GPU due to heating in a non-ventilated area. That's what a lot of people told me, including Sony.
Ouch.... that's ugly.... hard, if not impossible, to really fix at home :argh:

nicodemus82

**The Welsh Guy**
like I said it was something more serious than just the YLOD. doesn't look like it's gonna be up and running ever again which is why I bought a new slim one.
sony won't fix it cos it was opened. reason I wanna deactivate the accounts on it is cos I share accounts with my cousin, gf and friends.. some of them don't have any slots left anymore so the only way I can redownload the games I've shared with them is if I can deactivate their accounts off of my broken PS3.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
I dont get the deal with Companies making people have IDs in order to do things, as if this information is fucking sacred. IDs and gamertags, DLC and passwords and points and acheivements...

Oh Nintendo SNES... how I miss you.

Honestly, if it costs that much to have Sony push a button, then its definitely them fucking consumers.