• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dead Nand, wrong region - what next?

gijoe77

Hi all,

I have a PSP SLIM I "upgraded" to CFW m33 using a hard modded pandora battery. I made a backup of my NAND before modding. I've modded many PSP's and never ran into an issue like this.

The NAND died, so I have a bricked PSP that I can boot using the pandora battery and MMS for 5.00m33, or I can use TM for 3.60m33. Eitherway I can't launch anything since my IDstorage is fried and so everything I try to run tells me its the wrong region.

Even with a backup NAND on the MMS, is there anything I can do? I tried TM since I heard it can run even with a fried NAND but I just run into the region issue.

I've tried everything I can to fix the NAND by formatting, etc - it is totally gone and unfixable and I am looking for a way to bypass the hardware NAND completely. Is there any hope?

here is a link from the time the issue first happened with some more info - I haven't really stopped working on the issue but seem to have really hit a brick wall at this point... pun intended :)

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=8711&page=1

Alex

OMG - First PSP i have heard of with that many bad blocks. I actually never thought i would see it. Bad Luck.:-(

As Acer says - Do a Sony OFW update and pull the power halfway - then send it back under warranty. (its what i would do)

Best advice on that thread...

angelsniper45

Best advice on that thread...

Yep, also, have you tried using key cleaner? You made a backup of your original NAND right?

Hellcat

Contributor
Sounds like the NAND is physically fried, in that case there isn't much you can do.

While Pandora/DDC/TM redirects flash partition access (flash0 - flash3) access to other regions like IDS are still ending up on the real thing.... so if that is damaged.... *sadface*

january39

eXo Staff
Not sure how expereinced you are but you could buy a 2nd hand motheboard and fit it your self, you can get a new mobo for

angelsniper45

january39

eXo Staff
Yep, on brit ebay i found

PSP TA-088 V?

Not idea what version the TA-088 board it is though....if its a V3 :sad: