• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wii U Deus Ex: Human Revolution Getting Wii U Director's Cut

David Sanchez

Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution.jpg

Remember when the Wii got ports of games that were released years prior? Well, it looks like the same thing is happening with the Wii U. As outed by a listing on Amazon, Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut is slated for release on Nintendo's newest console. This is a strange move, no doubt, and it's likely to irk the skeptics, but I'm certain there are some Nintendo fans out there who might appreciate this.

Human Revolution Director's Cut will include everything from the original versions of the game, and there's also going to be some Wii U-centric functionality in the form of a new augmentation called the Neural Hub.

Continue reading...

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
You know what would really improve the game? If they went back and re-did the boss battles that are supposedly completely out of place. (Maybe fix those low quality FMVs too eh?)

But on another note, why do developers keep porting stuff instead of doing something original on this console? >:| It's got so much potential. Half the reason why people are upset is because there aren't enough original games for it yet.

Dont' feel like taking a risk eh? Testing the waters? Why would anyone want to buy a port of a 2 year old game for a new console? It's not like this is gonna get a significant graphical upgrade. So how can you possibly justify it and then most likely complain when it doesn't do that well? Maybe you just want to have the Nintendo crowd to have a chance to enjoy the game? (As if most didn't own other platforms this game was on)

I don't know

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
While I'm not usually a fan of ports from a 2011 on the Wii U - it's a pretty damn good port from the sound of it. The improved boss battles, gamepad integration, improved AI and more graphics polish are pretty darn nice additions. For anyone with a Wii U who hasn't played the game this would be a perfect pick-up (I feel as though Deus Ex got overlooked / not as much attention as it deserved, was a damn good game).

PS: I might be getting my hands on the game at PAX East this weekend so if you have any questions feel free to voice them here.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I bought it on PC not to long ago, but I have not played it yet. The only advantage that would offer over the Wii U I guess would be higher resolution/better AA now.

But now I just might get it on the Wii U instead and play that since it sounds like it's actually improved.