• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Driver: San Francisco PC DRM Now Allows Offline Mode

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
driversf.jpg

After a rash of negative feedback over Ubisoft's move to require a persistent online connection for the PC version Driver: San Francisco, the company has since backpedaled on that controversial decision.

Now, according to a Ubi rep over on the company's Driver forums, all users will be able to authenticate once at launch - after which, the game can be played offline[...]

Continue reading: Driver: San Francisco PC DRM Now Allows Offline Mode...

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Who is gaming on a rig setup to play new releases and doesn't have that rig connected to the Internet?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Who is gaming on a rig setup to play new releases and doesn't have that rig connected to the Internet?

Yeah but the way the Ubi DRM works in other titles is rather invasive. If your internet happens to drop out, you get kicked out of the game and possibly lose progress as well.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Nice, hopefully other publishers will follow this decision.

Hello slicer4ever, wanna try making your sentences actually legible?

Fuck off Ipaq

sorry about that, i was typing that on my phone guess i should have waited till i got home.

basically, it's nice that they are doing this, but once this DRM gets circumvented, then ubisoft well claim their next game is going to have an always on DRM.

it doesn't matter anyway since it's only a matter of time until this is implemented in every game anyway.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I don't know where you guys live, but my net has gone down like once or twice due to weather in 5 years. This really is a non-issue in my opinion, either suck it up or don't buy it.

This won't be the only game that these complainers own. So when their net goes down, play one of the other hundred Steam titles you have.

eldiablov

Contributor
I don't know where you guys live, but my net has gone down like once or twice due to weather in 5 years. This really is a non-issue in my opinion, either suck it up or don't buy it.

This won't be the only game that these complainers own. So when their net goes down, play one of the other hundred Steam titles you have.

I agree, people should just vote with their dollars. In all actuality though the only people these devs are fucking over are consumers. Anyone that pirates this game is going to be using cracked DRM anyway, which makes this whole thing ridiculous.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.

yeah well lucky you, my first 3 years I had Charter I had random connection dropouts and random DNS errors like 3-4 times a week that would cause the whole network to come down.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
yeah well lucky you, my first 3 years I had Charter I had random connection dropouts and random DNS errors like 3-4 times a week that would cause the whole network to come down.
set all your computers to use a public dns server then, google's 8.8.8.8 dns has never failed me.