• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

DS Homebrew

James.

User Not Found
I know there's not as much demand for DS homebrew, than PSP, but does anyone know of any good apps?

Riorio99

DS homebrew has been down lately, the best recent games have been Video Game Hero and Every ExteNDS. I can't remember where I got them, but try GBAtemp.net

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
The DS just wasnt cut out for homebrew, its more of a ROM player in my opinion.
I never found any apps for DS that i really found interesting to be honest.

Homrebrew's pretty sucky for the DS. I just got my CycloDS, and i find DSOrganise and MoonShell to be fairly useful. There's also snemulds for SNES emulation, LameBoy for GBC and NesterDS for NES. There's heaps on GBATemp right here too.

Noriyuke

I was given this link by someone and i feel i should pass it on. I just my Cyclo DS as well and I've been having loads of fun playing around with everything it can do.

Although i haven't been downloading everything i could find, I'm still in the process of running through the homebrew, im just picking up the few tools i really will use and a few games. No emus because my PSP w/32GB Stick is doing well enough on that front.

Heres the wiki to DS homebrew:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_DS_Homebrew

Some don't work, some are very well up to date. Try your luck.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
I heard you can use action reply for homebrew is that true?:confused:
If so I got one that I use for cheats.

Noriyuke

i have one too, but I've never used it for homebrew, ill have to look into that. I'm thinking on working this thread up since i just bought a bunch of stuff to mod and hack the DS lite i have. And I'm having a lot of fun with it to.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Noriyuke said:
i have one too, but I've never used it for homebrew, ill have to look into that. I'm thinking on working this thread up since i just bought a bunch of stuff to mod and hack the DS lite i have. And I'm having a lot of fun with it to.
Thanks, if you find out how it would help.
I seen videos with homebrew and roms on action reply...
And some dude on xbox live said it was possible. So I know its possible I just don't know how lol.
Edit-btw I have the original ds that was Launch.

Noriyuke

Yeah, no problem, i have a launch one too, as well as a Pink DS lite, which im hoping to replace the shell for a cool green looking one i bought.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Granite said:
The DS just wasnt cut out for homebrew, its more of a ROM player in my opinion.
I never found any apps for DS that i really found interesting to be honest.

That's because you're more of a pirater than a homebrewer ;) There have been SEVERAL good DS homebrew games and applications. There was a very nice megaman clone, an RPG by LiraLuna and several other good quality homebrew released for NeoFlash's yearly competitions

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Noriyuke said:
Yeah, no problem, i have a launch one too, as well as a Pink DS lite, which im hoping to replace the shell for a cool green looking one i bought.
lol, I was looking at few shell replacements. I might get red one and mod the old shell so it can have leds that say my name or something.
edit- I thought ds homebrew was always better in my case,having boring ds is lame but I rather have something hack.

Noriyuke

FrozenIpaq said:
That's because you're more of a pirater than a homebrewer ;) There have been SEVERAL good DS homebrew games and applications. There was a very nice megaman clone, an RPG by LiraLuna and several other good quality homebrew released for NeoFlash's yearly competitions

Agreed, Warcraft 3 Tower Defense is the shit, as well as portalDS, but thats ive really played that ive found. Sensitive DS is kind of lame.

Pokemanz master said:
lol, I was looking at few shell replacements. I might get red one and mod the old shell so it can have leds that say my name or something.
edit- I thought ds homebrew was always better in my case,having boring ds is lame but I rather have something hack.

Im a big fan of warranties, but usually after the warranty is for the most part null and void thats when i like to really fuck around with shit. And DS Homebrew is alright, but honestly PSP and NDS Homebrew are more or less even.

Pokemanz master said:
Thanks, if you find out how it would help.
I seen videos with homebrew and roms on action reply...
And some dude on xbox live said it was possible. So I know its possible I just don't know how lol.
Edit-btw I have the original ds that was Launch.

Sorry bro, no go, the best thing i found was some info on how to update the cheats with some user made shit. That's about it. Mind you i didnt look to hard, i just thought there was something about this on Maxconsole.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
lol same here, but since my DS been out of warranty for lest 1 year now im gonna mod few things about it and replace few things.
The "R" shoulder is broken now so im going get new shoulder buttons, I might mix and match the new shells the inside my old shell is still like new just the back.
So im replacing the back shell of the Ds.
I almost gonna mod everything about it.
Edit- I ask guy in youtube video if I still can find it...
and the guy on xbox live how they mod there ds. Im trying do it with store bought items, I know won't be getting the stuff that is needed from online anytime soon.

Noriyuke

actually, the old DS stuff is pretty cheap bro, like complete replacement shells with the screws and buttons are like 8 bucks on the site i go to.

dealextreme.com

ill let you know how safe it is to buy from there when they ship me my shit, lol

Admin Edit (FrozenIpaq): http://www.dealextreme.com/ - several NDS owners have ordered from the site without issues and it's actually the suggested place to buy replacement shells from

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian

Yes, there's always great stuff coming out of NeoFlash competitions.

Anyway, the megaman clone you're thinking of is MegaETK. Unfortunately, it never got DLDI support, so only one flash cart supports saving. I gave up waiting and eventually cleared the whole thing in one sitting :p I think it took me about an hour or so, which is pretty good for a homebrew game.

iCiNg

I was given this link by someone and i feel i should pass it on. I just my Cyclo DS as well and I've been having loads of fun playing around with everything it can do.

Although i haven't been downloading everything i could find, I'm still in the process of running through the homebrew, im just picking up the few tools i really will use and a few games. No emus because my PSP w/32GB Stick is doing well enough on that front.

Heres the wiki to DS homebrew:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_DS_Homebrew

Some don't work, some are very well up to date. Try your luck.

Where did you get your 32 gb memory stick?