• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Ds sells 152.2 million units in it's five-year console cycle

Adiuvo

I hope it doesn't. It's time for a new system, and unless Nintendo does it first Sony probably won't make a new PSP, which is sorely needed. The handheld is pretty much dead by this point.

Seth

MD Party Room
I hope it doesn't. It's time for a new system, and unless Nintendo does it first Sony probably won't make a new PSP, which is sorely needed. The handheld is pretty much dead by this point.
Well if you count the DSi a new handheld then they are...And besides doesnt it take a few years to make a new handled so even if Nintendo and sony say there working on nothing today it wont show the light of day for a while...

Slasher

Suck It
The DS sucks. That's why I sold it. Every single game that was coming out was pretty craptastic if you ask me; I was disappointed with every purchase. God knows why it's doing so damn well, it must be all the mindless handheld drones

Noriyuke

i think its doing well because so many people's kids break these systems like nothing yo, ive kinda been making money off of it, i buy consoles with broken hinges or screens at discount prices and sell them for like 70-90USD. Its so sad how many ive had to come through my hands, ive forced my youngest brother to stick with the oldschool regular DS and i sually have a DS Lite from time to time when i rebuild mine. Currently, im having an issue with getting a little peice of cable out of the connector slot for the touch screen to be able to full control of my current DS.

But yeah, like some kid breaks it, i buy their broken console for X amount of money, parents use that cash and more out of pocket to buy a new console.

Sells like gold. I also agree with the Fanboy thing, there are a lot of Nintendo Crackheads out there, i was once one of them, that ended with the release of the Gamecube, i was a 64 Junkie, i almost had all 360-something cartridges.

Seth

MD Party Room
The DS sucks. That's why I sold it. Every single game that was coming out was pretty craptastic if you ask me; I was disappointed with every purchase. God knows why it's doing so damn well, it must be all the mindless handheld drones

Cus it fun?Cus it Cheap? Cus kids love pokemon?

Plus there are alot of great games to play on the ds..

and most of them are not even first party...

Joey

I'm pretty pleased with mine... Sorry yours apparently sodomized you in the night.

Colm

Both handhelds don't have games worth buying. There are a few good timewasters that you can pirate, but tbh the only PSP games I've stood by are:
MPO
GTA:VCS
Burnout Legends
Lumines

TrueDarkstar

[152.2million times 120usd a pop(average)= 1,442,400,000] equals relaxing vacation in hawaii

What sucks is both are intending to continue their handheld untill it truly dies. Nintendo slaps on a crappy camera and SD slot and passes it off as a new device. Sony's no better, just pushing out a model with a more colorful screen and mic.

Seth

MD Party Room
What sucks is both are intending to continue their handheld untill it truly dies. Nintendo slaps on a crappy camera and SD slot and passes it off as a new device. Sony's no better, just pushing out a model with a more colorful screen and mic.
To be fair it gained something I want on the ds a long time SD cards.Plus Plus I think it's both a fair upgrade for the price.

Joey

You know what's great about it though? You don't have to buy it...

Isn't democracy grand?