• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dual Booting OFW and 5.50 D-3

vXAlexanderXv

I just subscribed to Playstation Plus and want to have OFW loaded for PSN access. Currently I'm using DC8 to load 5.00 M33-4 in ''Test M33'' but it has too much trouble loading homebrew & things. That explained, I am wondering if there is a way to change the CFW on the MMS to 5.50 D-3, and load that during the ''Test M33'' function.

january39

eXo Staff
I do not think there is, you could though use the undiluted platinum mod chip which allowed 2 FW's to run, but its a long shot given that the modchip is years old now and may not be suitable anymore for current FW's. Google is your friend, but i will help you get started Here

vXAlexanderXv

I've used Google for weeks trying to figure this out, always sends me here to dual booting D-2 and D-3.

Thank you much for the link for the modchip, but not what I am looking for.

Couldn't one just copy the D-3 firmware to the MS0:\TM\DC8 and boot it using "Test M33."?

I am no coder, but I do experiment a little, maybe I'll just try that.

january39

eXo Staff
Well, good luck with that.

Hellcat

Contributor
Couldn't one just copy the D-3 firmware to the MS0:\TM\DC8 and boot it using "Test M33."?
Nope, won't work as the FW needs to be patched (that's what tmctrl.prx does) to run from MS instead of the flash.
However, the tmcrtl.prx used to boot 5.00m33 *could* (maybe) be patched / remade to support 5.50gen-d.... just who'll do it?

vXAlexanderXv

Hellcat said:
Nope, won't work as the FW needs to be patched (that's what tmctrl.prx does) to run from MS instead of the flash.
However, the tmcrtl.prx used to boot 5.00m33 *could* (maybe) be patched / remade to support 5.50gen-d.... just who'll do it?

Probably no one, :sad:. I would do it myself if I knew a single thing about coding whatsoever. I would ask a experienced coder such as yourself to take a look, but I'm sure you've got other things going on, but thanks for the info.

If anyone knows any developers who would be interested in taking a look, it would be much appreciated if you passed the word along.