• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Enabling HDMI on a Hotel HDTV

Joey

I'm staying at a Hotel, and probably will be for quite a while. The TV's in the room (It's the one in this link... Warning, it's a PDF File) have 2 HDMI ports, and a VGA port, but the only ones I can use are AV, and S-Video (and the TV through the Coax cable). When I pull up the menu on the TV, it wont allow me to use any of the other ports.

If you clicked the link, you'd see that it's a TV made for hotels. It has extra securty features to make sure you don't record the PPV movies and such. I've tried google, but I've gotten literally nothing. Is there a way to make this TV let me use HDMI? Like I said, I'm going to be here for a little while, and I'd rather not play all the games that are coming out on an SD signal, through an HDTV. Playing Borderlands like this is giving me a headahce, and I don't even want to finish Uncharted 2 if I have to play it like this. Honestly, I'd rather wait.

Seriously though, anybody? This TV wouldn't have HDMI if there wasn't some way to use it.

eldiablov

Contributor
I'd be willing to bet that it's a firmware lock. If there's a USB service port on the TV there may be a possibility of re-enabling it.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
You need to ask one of the AV guys. Say there is a problem with your signal to get a technician in your room.

Once he's there, ask him or bribe him.

LocutusEstBorg

The master code for the Philips LCD With Digital Tuner is 5351. May or may not work with the Professional LCD series.

Joey

Well, I found a non "lodgenet" remote in the fitness center, so I brought it to my room, and was able to bring up the "sources" menu. The only problem, when I chose hdmi, the screen would go black for a second, the xbox dashboard would pop up, and then it would almost imediately switch back to "tv".

They must be blocking those outputs. I'm gonna try torch's code if I can find where I need to input it.

eldiablov

Contributor
Well, I found a non "lodgenet" remote in the fitness center, so I brought it to my room, and was able to bring up the "sources" menu. The only problem, when I chose hdmi, the screen would go black for a second, the xbox dashboard would pop up, and then it would almost imediately switch back to "tv".

They must be blocking those outputs. I'm gonna try torch's code if I can find where I need to input it.

Have you asked the receptionist if she can just unblock them? :huh:

Joey

Have you asked the receptionist if she can just unblock them? :huh:

I doubt they will. It's blocked for a reason. They don't want you hooking your own shit to the tv. The want you to order their pay per veiw movies and games.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM EST ----------

It was right in the main menu under Front/Side Controls lock or something.

I don't see that anywhere.

SilverSpring

Try to get the green service remote.

Otherwise, if you just have the guest remote try this sequence:

7 4 3 0 6 8 [MUTE button]

OR

0 2 4 9 9 5 [MENU button]

Note this will only work if the TV security is set to standard, if it's set to high then you'll need the service remote.

EDIT:

This is the Green Service Remote you'll need:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370280689975

Try look around the hotel for it.

Joey

Try to get the green service remote.

Otherwise, if you just have the guest remote try this sequence:

7 4 3 0 6 8 [MUTE button]

OR

0 2 4 9 9 5 [MENU button]

Note this will only work if the TV security is set to standard, if it's set to high then you'll need the service remote.

EDIT:

This is the Green Service Remote you'll need:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370280689975

Try look around the hotel for it.

Yeah, I finally found all that in the user manual online. I'm sure I'll figure something out.