• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Eww? Is this oxidation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullivan

I have one of these lumin discs:

222471.JPG

I got it about 3-4 years back at Spencers, well I haven't used it for probably 1-2 years. Its been sitting in my dresser. Well I goto get it out today, and it doesn't work, I don't know whats wrong with it. So I opened it up, and it looks odd inside:

DSC00660.jpg

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
I think your disc might be growing chocolate chips for you.

Sullivan

lol, those are the solder points, now please, what is the gunk around them?

Sullivan

Ya I have one of those too, but that's called a Plasma ball.

I don't know whats wrong with it, I think I will take some rubbing alcohol to see if I can clean that gunk off, and try again.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM EST ----------

After taking some Isopropyl rubbing alcohol, I cleaned off most of the junk on the bottom of the circuit board:

DSC00661.jpg

Looking much better, plug it in, and to my surprise it works. I am going to mount it under my desk, ill post a vid soon.

Kyle0wnsyou

Lavate las manooos!!
Sullivan, does yours react to noise?

The one I have has a little mic on it that picks up noise. It reacts to music, which is awesome.

Slasher

Suck It
Sullivan, how pampered are you?

Is it just me or does anyone else find it funny that he put "Eww" in the thread title.

twelve

I'm not dead
Is it just me or does anyone else find it funny that Sullivan still gets singled out for everything he does?

Colm

Is it just me or does anyone else find it funny that Sullivan still gets singled out for everything he does?

No, not really.

~eran~

slightly ontopic, those lumin disks actually look pretty cool. I want one :(

Sullivan

Yes mine reacts to music, ill take a small video of it later, its really cool.

eighty4

Am I the only one who thinks Sullivan is a bot? One of those crazy Japanese ones who can play rock paper scissors with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.