• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Failure rate getting any better?

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
Hey guys.

I bought a new 360 last Christmas after selling my factory refurbished one last summer. I remember an article a long time ago that introduced the "Jasper" model of the 360 and would stop all rrod or something. I was just wondering if that was released and the failure rate got better.

Cryox

Bro.
As much as I wish it was, I have had no success. I might be sending me 360 in again because the other day i randomly got the RROD. This was my xbox that i had just sent in to ms too... Hopefully third time is a charm though.

But i do think that the failure rate is lower, plus MS covers more of the errors now. (e74)

post #700

Robby

Los Doyers!
I see less and less people saying how there 360s break, so I would say the failure rate has dropped.

InfinitiProject

"Whoa is that a girl on this team!?"
I've just picked up a Jasper revision model yesterday and swapped casings on it with my RROD Elite. The RROD was put up on eBay and sold quick.

Believe me when I say this, after going through 7 360s, all failing on me, the Jasper is soo much cooler heatwise & much quieter. Every 360 I had before was really warm (I used to constantly put my hand behind the console to feel how warm it gets) so you'll really notice a difference on these new revisions.

So all in all, grab up one of these models. You will not regret it. ;)

Wheres

I've just picked up a Jasper revision model yesterday and swapped casings on it with my RROD Elite. The RROD was put up on eBay and sold quick.

Believe me when I say this, after going through 7 360s, all failing on me, the Jasper is soo much cooler heatwise & much quieter. Every 360 I had before was really warm (I used to constantly put my hand behind the console to feel how warm it gets) so you'll really notice a difference on these new revisions.

So all in all, grab up one of these models. You will not regret it. ;)

Wow you're so evil selling a RROD'ed 360 to someone who innocently did not know it has a RROD.

Anyway yeah the Jasper it slightly better and the new DVD drive looks so much cooler and makes less of a chainsaw when inserting the disk.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Maybe it was advertised as a RROD.

Anyway, they do pump out the heat. My cat figured this out recently and every time she hears the thing start up she slowly makes her way to the back of it to sprawl out and enjoy the warmth.

InfinitiProject

"Whoa is that a girl on this team!?"
Wow you're so evil selling a RROD'ed 360 to someone who innocently did not know it has a RROD.

Anyway yeah the Jasper it slightly better and the new DVD drive looks so much cooler and makes less of a chainsaw when inserting the disk.

LOL no no no I put it up there with a warning that it's RROD'ed (ie. "for parts/repair"). There's some out there that are good with doing the X-Clamp fix on them and getting them up and running again, where as I have had nothing but trouble when doing it. :(

twelve

I'm not dead
Maybe it was advertised as a RROD.

Anyway, they do pump out the heat. My cat figured this out recently and every time she hears the thing start up she slowly makes her way to the back of it to sprawl out and enjoy the warmth.
Cats love my 360 and PS3. They were very upset when I moved them up onto my desk as they can't get behind them anymore.

Though this 360 still gets nice and toasty it has lasted over 18 months which is 3 times as long as any of my previous ones. I don't know what motherboard it is for certain but I think it's a Falcon. It's a pro model (20GB HDD not 60GB), with HDMI port, BenQ drive and the additional heatsink on the GPU.