• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

FF7 Disc Switch issue

mktrilogy

can anyone help me out? i have PSP 3.71 M33 and i cant seem to load FF7 disc 2. How do i do it?

Nice forum by the way and the tutorials are superb. :wink:

MenaceInc

Staff Member
can anyone help me out? i have PSP 3.71 M33 and i cant seem to load FF7 disc 2. How do i do it?

Nice forum by the way and the tutorials are superb. :wink:

i assume you mean you can't load your save file?
you need to set the GameID and the SaveID the same as the first disc when you are converting the ISO using whatever client or GUI tool you are using to convert the games to EBOOT's.

o2byzst

I'm new to this as well and I remember seeing a disc swap tutorial somewhere on the site. I think that's what Mktrilogy is looking for. Me too. Anyone have a quick guide showing how to swap discs for multi disc titles?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm new to this as well and I remember seeing a disc swap tutorial somewhere on the site. I think that's what Mktrilogy is looking for. Me too. Anyone have a quick guide showing how to swap discs for multi disc titles?

What program do you use to convert PSone games? PSX2PSP? If so - all you have to do is make sure that the GameID and SaveID matches that of the first disc.

o2byzst

That's what I use...PSX2PSP? I guess my question is, since I've yet to have to switch discs, what exactly is the process? I'm obviously not going to want to take out the memory stick and insert a new one. Do I just have three of the same game EBOOTS on the MS and name for instance; FFVII Disc 1, FFVII Disc 2, etc?

Thanks for the help!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
That's what I use...PSX2PSP? I guess my question is, since I've yet to have to switch discs, what exactly is the process? I'm obviously not going to want to take out the memory stick and insert a new one. Do I just have three of the same game EBOOTS on the MS and name for instance; FFVII Disc 1, FFVII Disc 2, etc?

Thanks for the help!

Well you would make separate folders for each disc. This can all be on the same memory stick.

For example:

X:/PSP/GAME/FFVIIDISC1/EBOOT.PBP
X:/PSP/GAME/FFVIIDISC2/EBOOT.PBP
X:/PSP/GAME/FFVIIDISC3/EBOOT.PBP

The key thing is that disc 2 and 3 have the same GameID and SaveID as disc 1.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Ok, i understand now. Then my only remaining question is how do I navigate to the new EBOOT?

Just like you did the old one; You load disc two from the PSP memstick menu, it will share the savefile of disc1 because the SaveID and GameID are the same, go to load, you will see your file on the 'memory card' within FF7, load it, pow, done.:smile: You just have to make sure that within FF7 you save at the very end of the first disc, when it asks to save before swapping.