• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Final Fantasy IX PSOne Classic Greenlit

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
And the final PSOne chapter has been greenlit by the bigwigs at Squeenix. Glad to know this is coming :) Now bring on Chrono Cross and Xenogears please!

Hellcat

Contributor
O_O

I'll *SO* buy that once it's released :D
But I think the EU store needs to wait 42 years longer than the US store to get it - again :-/ meh....

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
O_O

I'll *SO* buy that once it's released :D
But I think the EU store needs to wait 42 years longer than the US store to get it - again :-/ meh....

Just get it on the US Store... Tat's where I get all my PSOne Classics.

Scorned

Out of curiosity, what exactly is the difference between this "new" (I say new because its freshly coming on the market), and the old disced PS1?

If there's anything massively significant then I'd probably consider buying at a decent price.

Hellcat

Contributor
Just get it on the US Store... Tat's where I get all my PSOne Classics.
I would do that, if the PSP would support multiple PSN accounts like the PS3.

And before anyone mention things like that PSN acc. changer, keep in mind: me = 6.20 OFW as I am on my PSPgo.

Spiros

Maiki
Out of curiosity, what exactly is the difference between this "new" (I say new because its freshly coming on the market), and the old disced PS1?

If there's anything massively significant then I'd probably consider buying at a decent price.

My understanding is, it's not a new version of the original game. It's just the original game, but it will be made available on PSN.

Hellcat

Contributor
IX was my least favourite of all the PS1 FF games.
Nothing beats VIII :D
Yeah, it surely was already on the road down, but still good enough to reply once again, on the PSP this time - at least for me :)

My understanding is, it's not a new version of the original game. It's just the original game, but it will be made available on PSN.
Yop, rite there.