• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Firefox 3.0.5 Released.

EvilSeph

Administrator
firefoxlogo.png

The Mozilla Foundation has just released an update for their browser Firefox, bringing the version number to v3.0.5. Along with patching a recently discovered security issue, this update addresses some stability issues and provides other small changes (full changelog can be found below).

For those of you not aware of Firefox, it is an open source alternative browser choice to Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera etc. that includes an extensions framework that allows developers to easily extend or improve upon Firefox's feature-set (like adding an FTP client, IRC client, site debugging tools etc.).

Changelog:

• Fixed several security issues.
  • Fixed several stability issues.
  • Replaced the End-User License Agreement with a new "Know Your Rights" info bar on initial install.
  • When installing multiple signed XPIs simultaneously, previous versions of Firefox would fail.
  • Fixed several issues found in the accessibility implementation.
  • Added the ability to send OS-specific system notes in the crash reporter.
  • Full changelog can be found here.
Download: Firefox 3.0.5

birdman

precompiled binarys for linux arn't uploaded yet (for those of you who use linux and dont want to bother compiling firefox :p)

will update this post when its up

edit: scratch that, mozilla sucks. i was under the impression that they had .deb packages and the like. (im used to opera's friendly downloads :D)

EvilSeph

Administrator
They don't push out updates right away. Even when they do, they stagger who they push updates to so as to make it easier for the server to handle the traffic.

Edit: 3.0.5 is not a beta. It's final.

twelve

I'm not dead
why doesnt firefox say something yo? like click to update? i mean when you open the 3.0.4 browser

It also doesn't pick anything up when you click Help > Check for Updates

getfirefox.com Also shows 3.0.4 as the latest version.

Edit: EvilSeph if I download firefox-3.0.4-3.0.5.partial.mar from the link above how would I run it? Or si it best just to wait for the update to be picked up?

EvilSeph

Administrator
See Software Update:Manually Installing a MAR file - MozillaWiki for information on what to do with partial update files.

Whenever a build is placed on the FTP on releases.mozilla.org in pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases, it is final. Mozilla's release team hasn't updated the site etc. yet, but it is still final.

twelve

I'm not dead
I got the Update notification on my other PC about 10 mins after getting it installed manually on the first PC.

explosions

Mine updated a few days ago. If you installed the 3.0 beta and just upgraded from that, then it *should* auto-update you to the newest-almost-releasable version.

Whisper

Logic :(
When I viewed this page a little pop up asked me to update and like most updates I can't tell the difference.