• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Free Shooters like CSS

ilyace

CSS as in Counter Strike Source...that's not free.

Anyways I played Combat Arms and it was ok, kinda got bored of it though.

Slasher

Suck It

ilyace

For me CSS is really like one of the only games I need. If you find the right servers/community to play with, it's easily one of the most enjoyable games to play.

Sullivan

I just need to go buy another copy of CSS.

Can I get another, and keep the same account name, or would I have to make a new account and put the key on it?

PSP767

I know its not the same style as css but americas army isnt too bad its online only.. I dont mind RockWars either.

Slasher

Suck It

Can I get another, and keep the same account name, or would I have to make a new account and put the key on it?

Just because you buy a new copy of CSS doesn't mean their going to forgive you for cheating. You'd have to make a new account name.

LocutusEstBorg

ALL you games in that account are banned from playing online. You need to rebuy everything in a new account.

Slasher

Suck It
ALL you games in that account are banned from playing online. You need to rebuy everything in a new account.

Not true. I don't know how the circumstances are today but back in the day, if you got banned in CS 1.6 then it would only ban you in pre-source games. Likewise would happen if you were caught cheating in CS:S, then it would ban you from source games only.

Then again, I don't know if their policies have changed since then.

LocutusEstBorg

In the beginning it was per base-game like HL and all its mods like 1.6, DoD etc, for 5 years. Then it became either all HL1 or Source games, for 1 year. Then it became per Steam account, permanent ban. You need to rebuy all games for online play.

Sullivan

Good thing I only bought CSS, so I should create a new account as well?

LocutusEstBorg

Yes new account. There are ways to join a VAC server even if you're VAC banned, but most of them are private. The public exploits get patched in no time like the X-Fire exploit.

Triklops

Think the crosshair hack was for the AWP..a lot like the one in the first CS. Regardless you don't really need a crosshair for the AWP..with enough practice one usually gets the hang of it..

Campbell

Think the crosshair hack was for the AWP..a lot like the one in the first CS. Regardless you don't really need a crosshair for the AWP..with enough practice one usually gets the hang of it..

Well, Noscoping the awp in source is pretty pointless at any range...The bullet spread is so hilariously random that it makes noscoping hardly worth while. Granted, quick scoping in source is pretty pointless as well, of course there are a few cursor twitches that tend to hone in the accuracy of a noscope shot.

Not to mention, quickswitching gives you a momentary crosshair that you can use to judge your target.