• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Gamercard same name issue

Saiko

Hi, i created my profile account and I associate it to my Steam correctly. However, when i go to put my name into the forum where i want my gamercard to be shown, another guy with my same name appear. I have no possibility to enter my correct url (that is: ), but it keeps putting in the gamecard of "saiko", and not my "Saiko" account. How can I resolve this?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi, it looks like you were able to resolve this? I'm seeing "Saiko" now on your gamercard and profile page.

Saiko

Nope I couldn't find a solution, on the forum keep opening the "saiko" gamercard and not mine, with "Saiko" nickname on, even if on this site and forum is showing correctly.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Nope I couldn't find a solution, on the forum keep opening the "saiko" gamercard and not mine, with "Saiko" nickname on, even if on this site and forum is showing correctly.

Ok, I thought you were referring to this forum. If it is off-site, you'll need to set up a custom URL on Steam, as outlined in this guide here: https://forums.exophase.com/threads...rivacy-settings-on-steam-xbox-live-psn.26530/

Then, use the value entered in the custom URL field as your username on the other site, that should get things working.

Essentially, without a custom URL entered, it is only possible to identify Steam users by their ID. While we are able to detect that automatically on here, other sites that use our gamercards can't.

Last edited: