• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Gdc 2010

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
Hey people! I just found out I'm going to the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco on March 9 - 13th. I'm pretty stoked! Nova Scotia Small Business's are funding my friends indie game studio to go there, and I got invited to go! I still have to pay airfare, but that's no big deal. I might also be volunteering if I get accepted.

I'm really looking forward to the tutorials
, sessions and exhibits of course. They're all looking really good thus far. I will be covering it on the front page! Anyone else going to be attending?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Should be allowed (cameras), GDC is probably the 3rd largest gaming convention/conference for the year (E3 and TGS to follow), although this year think they're toning it down and focusing on "Online" games.

Hellcat

Contributor
Holy crap, congrats! :)

Have fun over there.
I am planning on visiting GDC-Europe in August.

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
I'm sorry to say that I can't offer you a place to stay during GDC. We'd still love to attend the events with you, but you're gonna need to find your own place to stay.

Again, sorry. I had told Devin we'd have space for you, but it does not seem to be the case at this point. Let me know if you'd like some help finding either a hostel or a couch surf - both are definitely possible.

Fucking shit shit shit shit. This actually is the worst news I heard since... I can't remember anything else. I have looked into hotels, which are not that more expensive (with a flight+hotel package at expedia <3) , but I'm only 18 and staying alone in a gigantic city would be really lonely, costly and confusing. Not to mention I've lived in this small town (pop: 1500) for all my life.

Still use this thread to discuss it. A lot of cool things going to be happening.
GDC Twitter page