• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Giant NES Controller

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
508285723_eb659551e2.jpg

Now here's something you don't see everyday: An 83 pound, 5 foot Nintendo controller. On top of that, the controller actually works. The monstrous effort was conceived by three talented artists for Phillip Torrone's Maker Faire 2007.

At the event, SparkFun had a booth set up along with the huge controller hooked up to a retro NES console. Nearly 300 kids came by to give the new-fangled controller a test run. Given its large size, two people are required to play together as a team, one controlling movements using the d-pad while the other mashes the A and B buttons. As you can imagine, this makes games like Mario 3 quite challenging. Very few people made it past level 1.

If you're interested in building your own, the folks over at SparkFun have detailed how they built it. Hit up the link for more pictures and info.

The Giant NES Controller: Two Players Required [via Kotaku]

J

Junit

Yeah , the show turned in to crap , I litterly hate it now , I havent really watched it in 2-4 months other than channel switching :/ the show use to be alright

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
And it's also NOTHING compared to Screen Savers. Well, anything but late SS.

J

Junit

yeah , the screen savers should of stayed , attack of the show was over hyped and didnt deliever...

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
But alas, they couldn't, as when G4 took over the network they laid off nearly all of the TechTV employees, and the ones that weren't fired quit, because they didn't want to say after so many of their fellow comrades had fallen in battle:smile:. If you wanna see some of the more popular TechTV people head on over to revision3.com, they're mostly there, in web tv. (Sorry for getting off of thread topic:p)