• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

God of War Compilation - Official!

Riorio99

I was hoping they would come in a bundle with GoW3, but all is well. Maybe we'll start to see some other PS2 games re-jiggered in HD with trophies.

Seth

MD Party Room
40 bucks is a bit much dont you think for such old games?

Whisper

Logic :(
40 bucks is a bit much dont you think for such old games?
Even though it should be around 30 you are getting two great games remastered on Blu ray. I am going to pick it up.

user friendly

Didn't see the 720p/60fps/AA support until now, just read the article. I'd like to see a lot more of this with classic PS2 games. MGS2/3 come to mind :argh:

I wonder how much tweaking needs to be done to achieve this because I guarantee it would sell very well on PSN.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'm betting it must look gorgeous :D

Hellcat

Contributor
I wonder how much tweaking needs to be done to achieve this because I guarantee it would sell very well on PSN.
I think mostly redoing the textures larger and with more detail.
And porting the code to PS3 of course.... (for which they could make an abstraction layer if they would do it on a regular basis, so almost no code porting would be required anymore for future ports)

user friendly

Redoing the textures would take quite some time wouldn't it? They didn't mention textures but I'm sure they will look a little crisper from the HD upgrade. It'll probably look a lot like the PS2 emulator does except supposedly the HUD for the Blu-ray version is going to be redone as well.

Sony needs to capitalize on this, big money maker if hardly any time and money is involved. Apparently a dev studio of 3 dudes are doing the work for this.

user friendly

Bluepoint Games are the guys making this version. Hopefully you find some details Abe, a screenshot would be sweet (and unlikely).

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Holiday season... So I'm guessing Christmas...