• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

GripShift PSP Exploit - Hello World + Sparta SDK

Adiuvo

It's only bound to go up when a downgrader is released too, if one is. Too bad I never bought it.

EvilSeph

Administrator
So far someone has ported Pong to work with this exploit and HEN has been reported to be working on the PSP 3000 now.

This exploit has opened up quite a few doors. I don't recall any other exploit (of this caliber) getting this much attention. Looks like we may very well see a downgrader for the PSP 3000 soon :)

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
yeah well it still hasn't and wont be released until another exploit is found which gives access to the kernel. But we are almost there come on guys.

eldiablov

Contributor
yeah well it still hasn't and wont be released until another exploit is found which gives access to the kernel. But we are almost there come on guys.

Not that im saying another exploit hasnt been found. But trying to find a kernel exploit is the hardest part.

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
Not that im saying another exploit hasnt been found. But trying to find a kernel exploit is the hardest part.

Yeah but we can hope.

I am a little confused. HEN writes to flash, i'm guessing, as it writes the firmware version to x.xx HEN. But kernel access is writing to flash, isn't it? Im really confused.

HEN doesn't flash your PSP. So there's no files being written to the flash. correct me if i'm wrong

afiser

I am a little confused. HEN writes to flash, i'm guessing, as it writes the firmware version to x.xx HEN. But kernel access is writing to flash, isn't it? Im really confused.

it is all memory patching. thats what hen is, and why it is no longer hen when you turn your psp completely off.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Wow.....
So the patch no longer works when the psp is turn off?
Why is that? Is there software on the psp that re-patch the psp every time?

afiser

Wow.....
So the patch no longer works when the psp is turn off?
Why is that? Is there software on the psp that re-patch the psp every time?

yes, everytime you turn your psp off it clears the ram therefore the patch has to be applied everytime you turn it off. when in sleep it still remains tho.

Hellcat

Contributor
It's not that the PSP is re(set)patched every time you turn it on, it's that all applied patches in memory are lost due to the RAM itself loosing powersupply and therefore "forgetting" everything.

In standby the RAM is buffered and kept alive with still supplying it with power, hence no loss of anything.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Mind the bump.

Has any progress been made public yet? I was expecting the eloader to come fast.

not sure yet.
Im patiently waiting to buy a 3000 after the eloader is released but not holding my breath for any hen's

EvilSeph

Administrator
Why wait?

Sure, there's the possibility that you'll end up with a PSP you can't downgrade if another, publicly disclosable, exploit isn't found. But, by waiting, you're opening yourself up to dealing with the possibility of your PSP being upgraded to a firmware that fixes the GripShift exploit and so results in your inability to downgrade anyway.

Slasher

Suck It
I don't think this has been said in here yet but its been confirmed that the newest "Security Patch" firmware update from Sony, version 5.03 (I think), has effectively patched this GripShift exploit. It would be a good idea now to pick up a PSP-3000 before the newer models begin getting shipped with this newest firmware. I'd still give it a good solid 2 months or so before they begin being seen in stores, but just to be safe you should probably get one ASAP if you're considering it