• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[GUIDE] Installing 5.00 M33 Custom Firmware. Get Help Here.

Adiuvo

[FIELDSET="Materials"][/FIELDSET]
[FIELDSET="Process"]*Note that if you're on a firmware capable of using the M33 network update you can use this to update. You will also need this to update to newer revisions, such as 5.00M33-4. There are also videos of the upgrade process at the bottom of this fieldset tag. As another note, make sure the PSP is using the 3.XX kernel. Check through recovery mode, under configuration.*

Step One: After the M33 update files are downloaded, connect your PSP to your PC using the USB cable, or memory card reader.

Step Two: Extract the M33 update files, then place the UPDATE folder into your PSP/GAME folder.

Step Three (Optional): Place downloaded 5.00 official update EBOOT (renamed 500.PBP) into the PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder.

Step Four: Disconnect PSP from USB mode.

Step Five: Navigate to the GAME icon on your PSP, then the memory stick. Click it, and run the M33 updater.

Step Six: Wait for updater to finish, and if you haven't already placed the 5.01 official update EBOOT into the PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder, let the program download it for you.

Step Seven: After updating is completed, it's safe to turn off the PSP.

4.01 M33 Install Video (Process is the same)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwBnIb2rNk4
[/FIELDSET]
[FIELDSET="Changes"]These are directly from the 5.00M33-1 readme file.
Changes:
- 4.01 to 5.00

- Bug fix: when changing speed in xmb, and the psp turned the brightness to 0 automatically the speed was reseted to 222 again.

Note to pspstates plugin users: this plugin won't work in this firmware due to it being made
specifically for 4.01. Running it in 5.00 M33 can cause problems, wait until an update of plugin.
[/FIELDSET]
[FIELDSET="Translating Recovery"]Step One: Create a file named xx_recovery.TXT, either in the SEPLUGINS folder on your memory stick, or in the root of your flash1. xx should be a two letter code depending on the language you're translating the recovery to.
es -> spanish
en -> english
fr -> french
de -> german
it -> italian
ja -> japanese
ko -> korean
nl -> netherlands
pt -> portuguese
ru -> russian
ch1 -> chinese simplified
ch2 -> chinese traditional

Step Two: Simply type the name of each option in your own language. Use the EN_Recovery file in the 5.00M33 download, under translate, as a base on where things go.
Disabled
Enabled
Japan
America
Europe
Korea
United Kingdom
Mexico
Australia/New Zealand
East
Taiwan
Russia
China
Debug Type I
Debug Type II
Normal -UMD required-
OE isofs legacy -NO UMD-
M33 driver -NO UMD-
Sony NP9660 -NO UMD-
Toggle USB
Configuration
Advanced
Advanced configuration
Run program at
CPU Speed
Plugins
Registry hacks
Exit
Back
Activate WMA
Activate Flash Player
USB enabled
USB disabled
Format flash1 and reset settings
Formatting
currently
Plain modules in UMD/ISO
Execute BOOT.BIN in UMD/ISO
Skip Sony logo
Hide corrupt icons
Game folder homebrew
Autorun program at
UMD Mode
Fake region
Use VshMenu
XMB Usb Device
UMD Disc
Use M33 network update
Hide PIC0.PNG and PIC1.PNG in game menu
Charge battery when USB cable plugged
Speed in XMB
Speed in UMD/ISO
Button assign
O is enter

X is enter
WMA was already activated.
Activating WMA...
Flash player was already activated.
Activating Flash Player...
Exiting recovery
Main menu
1.50 Kernel
4.XX Kernel

Step Three: Save TXT file, and the recovery mode will be translated[/FIELDSET]
[FIELDSET="Notes"]
  • It is possible to skip the battery check by hold L+Triangle until the updater starts.
  • Not all themes may be compatible with 5.00M33.
  • Yes, you are supposed to see the official Sony updater when upgrading. It's been that way for awhile now, as it makes the process more stable.
  • DO NOT turn off the PSP when upgrading.
[/FIELDSET]

Javathon

I have been trying all day to update my 3.52 M33-3 to 5.00 M33-3 with no luck. I followed the steps, and nothing.

Unpacking... done
Please wait...

I have reset the psp and tried it so many times. I even left it at that screen for 1/2 hour and nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

edit: I had my kernel set to 1.50, once I changed it to 3.52 it worked.