• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Guitar Controllers

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
Hi

I got a PS3 recently and I used to have GH4 on wii (which i sold) so i want to get a music game for PS3. I'll probably be getting either GH5 or Band Hero (depends which has better track list) and either Rockband 2 or Rockband:Beatles. I know that rockband controller works well on guitar hero 5 (i usually play at medium and sometimes hard so lower buttons aren't that important like slider bar).

Can anyone tell me which one from GH5 or band hero to get and also I will definitely be getting a rockband game so can anyone suggest which game has the better controller, Rockband 2 or GH5?

Thanks

Riorio99

I personally hate the slider bar on the GH controllers, but I don't have enough experience with a RB guitar to comment enough on that. My solution: Get one of each. Buy the Rock Band full kit and then pick up the GH5 guitar bundle. You're set for both games and if you have more than 3 people over.

On the other side, if you want Guitar only, you need the RB guitar to get all the trophies for RB2. So I suggest that one.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I love music games, I've had every GH up to GH5 (I can't stand them anymore) and I've tried every guitar model. My preference is the Rock band 2 guitar (I haven't tried the Beatles ones). I like the Rock Band guitars because of the way the frets (there's no large bump on the middle one) and the damn stum bar doesn't click with every strum.