• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Steam Halo 3 Turns Up In Steam Registry

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
halo45.jpg

Yet to be released on PC, a Halo 3 listing has turned up in Steam's registry files - along with PC ports of Halo 2 and Halo Combat Evolved. While not a surefire sign these will make their way over to Valve's service in the near future, registry leaks have been reasonable for outing many titles in the past - Alan Wake being a prime example.

Over the past year, Microsoft has brought over a few games to Steam, including Fable III and Age of Empires III.

Continue reading...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Someone on Reddit the other day reported that

Bunch of these games appeared in the database because I crawled all unknown apps in steam hub, and added names to database, if they existed.

Halo 3 will most likely never come to the PC side. Halo CE was a huge PC success, Halo 2 was a huge letdown, and Halo 3 just never saw the light of day on the PC. They want the Halo series to be a Xbox exclusive from the looks of it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
For what it's worth, Dyad was among the games listed and it just got announced for Steam today.

@Ipaq: Halo 2 was a letdown because they locked it to DX10 and it was a Vista exclusive back when not many gamers were running it at the time. Had it been a normal release I think it would've done well.

Anyway, Halo 3 MP on PC would be awesome. I agree it's still unlikely but one can hope.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
You could run it in DX9/Win XP though with a third party tool from what I remember.

I wish Halo Anniversary, H3/ODST and all that stuff would end up on PC. But then MS would lose basically the only true exclusive for their system lol.

Playing the 360(minus Reach.) Halo games in ultra high resolution, like 3k/4k resolution downsampled to 1080p would be fuckin awesome.

One can only dream.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
For what it's worth, Dyad was among the games listed and it just got announced for Steam today.

@Ipaq: Halo 2 was a letdown because they locked it to DX10 and it was a Vista exclusive back when not many gamers were running it at the time. Had it been a normal release I think it would've done well.

Anyway, Halo 3 MP on PC would be awesome. I agree it's still unlikely but one can hope.

I bought Halo 2 for Vista when it came out (I was still running XP at the time). It was a huge letdown because of its requirements - I had to patch it to get it working on XP but eventually went to Vista with it. The multiplayer community and support just wasn't there. Was a nice port but the restrictions as you said really ruined it. I had high expectations when I bought it (still remember going into the store and getting it, hoping that it would be as great as Halo CE's community)