• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Has anyone modded their PS3?

chrono6456

I have the swap switch mod on my 60gb PS3 and it just feels so nice to have it on it. When I had a PS2, I never really played many games on it other than MGS and GTA, so now I feel I have the chance to go back and play so many great ps2 games I missed, with the bonus of upscaling.

I would really suggest modding the ps3 for ps2/1 backups if your on the fence since it is relatively simple, and you have two options right now. One hard mod, one soft mod. Here and here, respectively.

Like I said, I personally have the swap switch (only one available to me at the time, and virtually free) and I like it, however, it seems now the soft hack is much better but will require you to buy swap magic if you don't already have it. I'm wondering if anyone else here has done this with their ps3, and if you plan on doing so (swap switch in particular) I can help you because there is some important info about it to avoid burning out your laser or frying your drive controller board, which I almost did.

Adiuvo

My friend did the swap magic thing. He already had the disks. On a external hardrive he has his entire PS2 collection (about 40 games) along with around 50 pirated games.

I've been planning on doing this for awhile. Thanks for making me remember :p

Bran

Yell
I want to do the little swap button but I've never soldered anything and lack the tools to do so.

Hellcat

Contributor
The only "mod" I ever did to my PS3 was replacing the HDD with a larger one :D

However, I have the USBAdvanced still floating around here, somewhere (and I remember i SUCKED, really), might try it one day.... not really a "mod" anyway :p