• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Help! E74! No Warranty! Elite 360

Noriyuke

Alright, i've got the dreaded E74 i found a bunch of stuff online about how to fix it, but i don't know which one to do. I've already tried the simplest ones, like the towel trick and to no avail. so im asking, has anyone here had that and figured a way to fix it?

Cryox

Bro.
E74 is covered by MS. send it in and fix it. Mine was out of warranty, but repairs were still free.

Sliderkk

Although the warranty ends for most issues at one year, E74 errors are covered for up to three years.

Noriyuke

right, so i cant send it in, kinda hoping to figure out at a manual fix. Like the x-clamp, or something similar, ive seen some videos on youtube that are somewhat sketchy, and others that looked simple, i tried, and they didnt work, like the towel trick.

So i was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a free diy guide, the links i keep finding try to charge for these repair manuals.

EDIT: i found something im going to try: http://xbox-experts.com/e/tutorial.php?n=hybrid