• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Help I'm a noobie! 3.10oe-a won't install! Help!

thegweet

I've had a psp since it first came out. I have one of the originals. The one that came with spidrman 2. Remember that bundle? Anyway I've always wanted to play my ps1 games and my nintendo roms on my psp. Then I heard of Dark Alex and homebrew. I have been reading all about this but when I try to install 3.10oe-a or 3.10oe-a2 firmware I cannot. I keep getting the same error message the game will not load and some type of numbering. I have read other posts with people saying the same thing but they never get a reply. Can anyone who knows about this please help. I am running the official sony firmware 3.10. Please help. I have found directions to install the firmware and have followed them to the "t" for fear of bricking, but in the directions there is never mention of what to do if you get this type of message. Thank you in advance. I know someone will help.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Err, the problem is that you are on the official 3.10. There is currently no way to install 3.10 OE from that version or downgrade.

You should hold off on upgrading from now on in case a downgrader is released in the future.

JKing

Banned
DONT UPGRADE ANYMORE...sonys updates suck dude...Just wait for a downgrade...when it comes out downgrade your psp...and upgrade to ethier 3.03oeC or 3.10oe..and play ps1 games like a charm.;)

thegweet

Thanks

Thanks for getting back to me. This sucks. I hate upgrading. I always heard not to upgrade but I forgot why. I haven't played my psp in over a year because of time and now I had some time so I took it out of the closet and upgraded. How stupid! I remember the firmware I had out of the box you couldn't surf the internet without having wipeout pure. Back then that is what I wanted to do. So when newer updates came out you were able to surf the net so I updated and I kept doing it never thinking it mattered until I felt the need to play other games other than umd. Then I heard about homebrew. I thought my prayers were answered. Maybe someday. Not that you know my psp life does anyone know when a downgrade for the official 3.10fw may come out? Anytime soon?
BTW you guys are great. I'd like to learn more. Are there any sites you can lead me to to learn more about the psp? Especially emulators and homebrew. Thanks again