• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Help Please!!! Piece Of Crap 360!!!

MENACERONER

MENACERONER
IM CRUSHED. AS I WAS DOIN MY ROUTINE GAMIN AT MY SPOT AFTER WORK, STARTED UP MY 360 AND ABOUT 5. MIN LATERS, WHILE IDLE FROZE UP WITH A BLUE CHECKERED SCREEN. AS I SIT HEARTBROKEN SCROUNGING THROUGH WARRANTY'S AND WHAT NOT
THIS IS THE DEAL SO FAR.

LET IT SIT FOR A MIN.- STARTS UP BUT FREEZES W/IN MINUTES RIGHT IN THE GAME
-DID IT THIS MORNING-:eek:hmy:

3 RED BARS LIT UP???WHATEVER THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN?:confused1:

BLUE CHECKERED SCREEN FREEZES ENTIRE SYSTEM???:mad1:

I NEED SOME SOLUTIONS FAST MY 360 IS MY BABY ALWAYS TOOK GOOD CARE OF HER. WHAT HURTS THE MOST IS I HAVENT EVEN HAD IT FOR A YR AINT THAT A DAMN SHAME.

PLEASE, PLEASE, ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED. PEACE

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Heh, only one suggestion- Send it in, man, 'cuz that's the 3RLoD, that means your 360's dead.

MENACERONER

MENACERONER
well the thing is it played a lil bit of the bioshock before the thing froze and letting it set is doin a lil sumthin cause after i turn it off and turn it back on it doesnt respond but when it settles for a little min. it works some what better it works for like 3 min.
what about the bioshock update. kinda suspect???
yeh most likely my end result will be to seek help from M.S. its a shame halo 3 is fixin to hit the streets.and im out of a 360

J

Junit

Yeah dude call 1-800-4-myxbox ... I think thats the number >_>

MENACERONER

MENACERONER
Yeh No Choice I Guess. Jus Found Out Bout The 3 Rings Of Death
Basically My 360 Is Dun Dealt. Good Lookin On The Response Anyhow.
Im A Buy A New One And Switchem Out, Then Get A Refund They Shouldnt Have Sold Me That Piece Of Crap In The 1st Place... Gone

J

Junit

Don't think you can >_> becuase they write down the serial number , buy a core and swap your harddrive from yours and send the broken one in..

XsavioR

The 3 rings was supposedly caused by a outside vendor chip that eventually inevitably breaks the xbox , showing 3 red rings. Microsoft has since purchased the paten on said chip and reworked it. AND extended their warranty to one year INCLUDING 3 red rings. You should also know since new xbox360 units come with the reworked chip, they dont get the red rings thing , so the warranty is for folks like you with previous models. Put simply , MS figured it out , and now covers the 3 red rings under warranty since they can send you a new xbox which isnt effected.

Taken directly from the MS xbox 360 online warranty documentation.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/resources/warrantyupdate.htm

Microsoft stands behind its products and is taking responsibility to repair or replace any Xbox 360 console that experiences the “three flashing red lights” error message within three years from time of purchase free of charge, including shipping costs. Microsoft will take a $1.05 billion to $1.15 billion pre-tax charge to earnings for the quarter ended June 30, 2007 for anticipated costs under its current and enhanced Xbox 360 policies.

"The majority of Xbox 360 owners are having a great experience with their console and have from day one. But, this problem has caused frustration for some of our customers and for that, we sincerely apologize," said Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft’s Entertainment & Devices Division. "We value our community tremendously and look at this as an investment in our customer base. We look forward to great things to come."

For any customer who has previously paid for repair expenses related to the three flashing lights error message on the Xbox 360 console, Microsoft will retroactively reimburse them.

That being said , i think MS has done every thing within their power (aside from giving all effected users a blowjob) to eliminate the 3 red ring "syndrome". Kudos to MS for reworking their warranty , They didn't have to do all that but they did.
correction:
“three flashing red lights” error message within three years from time of purchase free of charge

MENACERONER

MENACERONER
yeh as i get more in depth w/ this problem i see theres is only 1 solution let ms deal w/ it
i called them up there goin to handle theres. 3-5 buissness days and they goin to kick me down w/ a free gold membership x-box live. doesnt really compensate for the absense of my x-box 360 during the release of halo #3, geesus.
its a damn travesty.

p.s. thanks again. yall are always lookin out. GOOD LOOKIN.

J

Junit

Menaceroner , I feel sorry that you can't play halo3 at launch bro