• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Help with playing a video

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
Hi guys

I went out and got a PS3 Slim yesterday. This is my first PS3. I copied videos over from my PSP which were movies, tailers etc. I had a rip of Madagascar 2 from my DVD and it worked fine but another video played but i could only hear audio. I could hear the video but i could not see it. I could press triangle and square and in scene selection, every minute preview box was black. Please help me. Is it a problem with the vid or is it with the PS3? It does not play the vid even when connected to the PSp and streaming off it but the PSP plays it fine.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM EST ----------

I think i found the problem. The files i am trying to play are rips from my bluray DVD's but the TV the PS3 is currently connected to is not capable of Blu-ray, Hi-Def and is not connected by HDMI. Is there anyway i can play these movies on a 4:3 TV with setting at Standard PAL using Composite cable for video?

PapaV

Barring some exceptions, most mpeg file formatted for psp wont be read correctly on the PS3. I don't know why, but it seems that the PS3 doesn't like the codec used for most PSP videos. You best chance is to re-encode them.

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
I would just have to convert them right? To a PS3 option which is included in many free converters.