• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Hope for PS2 Games beyond BC

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I stumbled upon this bit of news at qj.net but fortunately the source is Kotaku.

Here's what a Konami rep had to say about PS2-to-BD releases:

Konami Guy said:
We are constantly exploring unique ways to expose players to some of our legacy titles such as Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill. Re-releasing games on Blu-ray presents an exciting opportunity for a publisher, however we have no announcements at this time.

and a CAPCOM Guy too:

Christian Svensson said:
I don't want anyone reading this the wrong way (as I'm not saying anything like this could happen) but I'm seeing some interested for DMC to get this treatment. Are there other titles you'd like see go this way? I'm looking for some temperature readings.

So seems like the GOW Compilation opened new oportunities for the PS3 :p

Thoughts?

Source: Asking Publishers About Other PS2-To-Blu-Ray Releases - PS3 - Kotaku

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I'm not real big on buying my games over. But I could see myself buying a select few of them if they do this, like Silent Hill. The DMC games I probably wouldn't buy again. I played the first one to death, and the second and third sucked.

The only reason I'm excited for the God of War re-release Is because I bought GoW 2 and never played it.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
For me this is an awesome opportunity to own PS2 games I never could (cuz I never had a PS2) like: Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 (and I would have all 4 games on my PS3 since I already have 1 and 4), Final Fantasy X and XII (even though I don't like them that much), Silent Hill 2, 3 and 4, GoW I & II (obviously), Shadow of the Colossus and ICO :D

As for my fav PS2 game (Persona 4) I get the feeling it will go the way of Persona 3 and become P4P (Persona 4 Portable)

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I would totally buy them again just for the reason of upping the resolution and having AA.
Some ps2 games are absolutely beautiful but the lack of AA somtimes is killer.