• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 How To Customize PS3 XMB Fonts

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ps3fontxmb.jpg

Here's a nifty customization technique uncovered by our friends over at Nyleveia, allowing users to give their PS3 XMB a more personal touch by replacing the default font with that of a custom one. It entails simply replacing two files located on the PS3's dev_flash partition. A step-by-step process is detailed below.

Caution: To avoid any risk of bricking of your unit, it comes recommended to load firmware files through a sandbox-like environment using JaiCraB's firmware loader.
* Download a TTF format font of your choose, rename the file to SCE-PS3-SR-R-LATIN[...]

Continue reading: How To Customize PS3 XMB Fonts...

skparasite

Ugh don't show this to my friend. He recently jailbroke his PS3 using his Palm Pre and I've been helping him non-stop! God wish I could tell him to use google and figure it out on his own but I know that isn't possible. D:
Besides the ranting, that's pretty cool! Would be awesome to have CTFs for the PS3.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Ugh don't show this to my friend. He recently jailbroke his PS3 using his Palm Pre and I've been helping him non-stop! God wish I could tell him to use google and figure it out on his own but I know that isn't possible. D:
Besides the ranting, that's pretty cool! Would be awesome to have CTFs for the PS3.

Get him to sign up :p