• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How to develop a Homebrew as beginner on ChickHEN

Adiuvo

First off, you don't develop homebrew for ChickHEN. ChickHEN runs standard homebrew provided it's not in the 1.50 kernel.

Second, have you had any coding experience before? If not, the PSP isn't a good place to start. Preferably, you should start with the PC into a simple language like LUA. Dropping into C++ or C which most PSP homebrew is coded in isn't a good idea.

Here are some tutorials for the PSP in specific:
LUA.
C.

zenanswer

First off, you don't develop homebrew for ChickHEN. ChickHEN runs standard homebrew provided it's not in the 1.50 kernel.

Second, have you had any coding experience before? If not, the PSP isn't a good place to start. Preferably, you should start with the PC into a simple language like LUA. Dropping into C++ or C which most PSP homebrew is coded in isn't a good idea.

Here are some tutorials for the PSP in specific:
LUA.
C.

thank you for advice.
i had learned C in the university,
and programed some application for my work now,
but just on windows.
now i am learning Lua.
i found it every easy for beginner .

pcstalljr

teen! hide your daughters
thank you for advice.
i had learned C in the university,
and programed some application for my work now,
but just on windows.
now i am learning Lua.
i found it every easy for beginner .

just some advice from me. if your planing on developing for psp, with the official PSPSDK psp tool chain.you will need linux. (as stated on psp-programing) but you can develop in windows. but its up to you. you can develop on eather.

firstly:Tthe Development Workspace.
i have found the help on installing CYGWIN and the toolchain wasn't very good. so i would personally recommend using MinPSPW for this on windows. so i would point you to thispost of mine. but i have found another option, basically right out of the box ready for use. and that would be stated on MinPSPW's main site. its devkitPro. its just: download. install. open Programers Notepad. and do the standard steps from there.

next: The Main Code.
its the same in either Workspace. you need the makefile and the main.c(main.cpp if your using C++) so since you know C i would point you, as Adiuvo said, to psp-programing's tutorials. it all adapts to the Workspaces easily. its just the Workspace and feel of the program being used to program thats different.

My Personal Choice:
i would say start out with devkitPro just because you can dive into it. and read up on the tutorials. dont forget to read the *.h files if you want to. that always helps me. and after you get the feel of the language you can move onto MinPSPW if you want and use another IDE like Microsoft Visual Studio or DEV++.

Side note: Some people may say its better to use the devkitPSP for development. but i say its better to install using the devkitPro installer because it sets it up for you. the devkitPSP install if you download. you will see its simply a toolchain. not installed or set up for easy use. devkitPro on the other hand, is.

:) hope that helped. if not. just say so.