• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

i have pandora's battery but it won't boot properly?

idmagiK

So after trying the steps in every other site, I end up with the error "The game does not load (800 blahblabhalh)." So I finally found this guide.

I'll just state what I have to be clear. I use a fat psp and want to downgrade it using pandora's battery and magic memory. I'm creating the pandora's battery with a proper battery of older version and my friend's custom slim 3.71/1.50 whatever that is.

So I followed the steps in this guide top to bottom perfectly all the way to "5. You now are in possession of a Pandora Battery. Booting a PSP with this battery inserted will boot to service mode instead of the normal PSP XMB."

Unfortunately, it boots in the normal PSP XMB (whatever that is) mode instead of service mode when i hold up with the pandora's battery and magic memory inserted into my fat psp. Can someone help me with what's going on?

thanks :D. (I spent 3 hours trying to do this when I shouldn't even have since I'm busy).

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
If you turn on your PSP with the same battery but without the magic memory stick inserted, does it still boot to the XMB?

idmagiK

Responding to darkchild, Only the top led blinks on the left.

Responding to x3sphere, If I turn on the PSP without the magic memory stick but with the same battery, it boots as a normal PSP boots.

Something I think I should say about the battery is, it's strange cuz it doesn't charge or something so I leave the charger in so that it can load. But if I followed the steps successfully into converting it into pandora, it should technically be a pandora right?

Thanks for helping me out.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Responding to darkchild, Only the top led blinks on the left.

Responding to x3sphere, If I turn on the PSP without the magic memory stick but with the same battery, it boots as a normal PSP boots.

Something I think I should say about the battery is, it's strange cuz it doesn't charge or something so I leave the charger in so that it can load. But if I followed the steps successfully into converting it into pandora, it should technically be a pandora right?

Thanks for helping me out.

It should, but the fact that your PSP is still booting without the magic memory stick inserted means the battery is not a Pandora.

Do you happen to have another battery that you can test with... and if you execute Hellcat's Pandora Installer again with this battery inserted, does it display 0x00000000 for the battery serial?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
no, the serial is 0x01b801b8 and no, i dont have any extra batteries

That's the problem, then. It's not changing the battery serial. Just wondering did you remove then reinsert the battery as the guide tells you to? Since the battery serial changes won't go into effect until the battery is removed.

Anyway if you did all that I'd say that your battery's EEPROM chip is somehow damaged, because it seems the PSP is unable to write to it.

idmagiK

well, the reinsertion step only pertains to those who want to write to the same psp right? so i guess my chip is damaged? :[, all i did was buy it from a place that one of the other pandora sites told me to get it from. some www.dealextreme website. so there's nothing else i can do?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
well, the reinsertion step only pertains to those who want to write to the same psp right? so i guess my chip is damaged? :[, all i did was buy it from a place that one of the other pandora sites told me to get it from. some www.dealextreme website. so there's nothing else i can do?

Correct. Anyway I had a look at that site and noticed they sell counterfeit Sony branded batteries. Those are very low quality and can't be converted to Pandora. Dunno why anyone would recommend them...

idmagiK

damn it :[ $20 down the drain, what would be reliable? u guys list some batteries in the instructions but could i get a specific site or something :D.