• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

I need some Twilight Princess help.

Serideth

I'm emulating it on my PC and using a mouse and keyboard (Which surprisingly works really well with most games. I'm at the start of Zelda Twilight Princess on the bit where you get the rod and I can't for the love of God figure out this fishing stuff. Can anyone explain to me, what I'm meant to do.

I tried randomly mashing buttons that make the wiimote shake but no dice.

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
I don't know how to shake the Wiimote, but it seems that you aren't too far in.
If you can't figure it out, they made the game for gamecube, too, so maybe that would be a little easier.

Serideth

I don't know how to shake the Wiimote, but it seems that you aren't too far in.
If you can't figure it out, they made the game for gamecube, too, so maybe that would be a little easier.

Thanks for the tip, I'll download it now.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Yeah, gamecube version is waaaayyyy better although instead of flipping links model so he was left handed, they flipped the entire game. Make sure you don't use a guide for the Wii version, it'll get really confusing

Serideth

Yeah, gamecube version is waaaayyyy better although instead of flipping links model so he was left handed, they flipped the entire game. Make sure you don't use a guide for the Wii version, it'll get really confusing

Yeah I fucking KNEW it was flipped, I was so damn confused at first and I thought I was just being stupid, I was thinking "Pull yourself together, theres no way they would flip the game".

Why the hell did they do that? Also if anyones thinking of emulating it I'd go with the wii version for the higher resolution.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Yeah I fucking KNEW it was flipped, I was so damn confused at first and I thought I was just being stupid, I was thinking "Pull yourself together, theres no way they would flip the game".

Why the hell did they do that? Also if anyones thinking of emulating it I'd go with the wii version for the higher resolution.

The two versions should be identical except for being flipped and the controls. :\
The Gamecube version could do 480p as well as the Wii. At least for the NTSC-U version, the EU version only had a 60Hz option which was interlaced AFAIK.

The Gamecube version was the original version but the Wii version was flipped because most people are right-handed but Link has ALWAYS been left-handed on any console Zelda game. Nintendo thought it would be difficult for people seeing left-handed swings using their right hand. Ridiculous though flipping the entire game. They should of had a left-handed option in the game that flipped just Link's model instead. :\

Serideth

The two versions should be identical except for being flipped and the controls. :\
The Gamecube version could do 480p as well as the Wii. At least for the NTSC-U version, the EU version only had a 60Hz option which was interlaced AFAIK.

The Gamecube version was the original version but the Wii version was flipped because most people are right-handed but Link has ALWAYS been left-handed on any console Zelda game. Nintendo thought it would be difficult for people seeing left-handed swings using their right hand. Ridiculous though flipping the entire game. They should of had a left-handed option in the game that flipped just Link's model instead. :\

Wii emulation allows you to run games in 720p, making it awesome.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Wii emulation allows you to run games in 720p, making it awesome.

Dolphin which you're using to emulate the Wii can also emulate the Gamecube at 720p as well. :p I've used it since about the 3000th revision. It's done brilliantly since then. I just wish I had a slightly more powerful computer. D:

When I was referring to the versions being identical, I meant the models, textures and sounds.

Serideth

Dolphin which you're using to emulate the Wii can also emulate the Gamecube at 720p as well. :p I've used it since about the 3000th revision. It's done brilliantly since then. I just wish I had a slightly more powerful computer. D:

When I was referring to the versions being identical, I meant the models, textures and sounds.

Ah didn't know that must check it out, I kinda lost interest in the game when I turned into a wolf, what the hell is that all about?

El Diablo

Ah didn't know that must check it out, I kinda lost interest in the game when I turned into a wolf, what the hell is that all about?
Same I downloaded this a couple weeks ago and wanted to play it and as soon as I got into the wolf part of the first area I just lost all interest = \.