• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[ideas] Brick recovery for TA088v3 & PSP3000

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
Wouldn't there be a possible way to create a pandora out of slim/3k battery? By, cutting a plug or something..?

Bill

Yes it would. We could run OFW from a memstick. We could possibly even brute force the algorithm for generating the last 32 bytes of the OFW through trial and error. (the check the pre-IPL does.)

Hellcat

Contributor
Wouldn't there be a possible way to create a pandora out of slim/3k battery? By, cutting a plug or something..?
No.

Communication Battery<->PSP is encrypted on newer models AFAIK, so the old hardmod trick doesn't do the trick anymore.

Besides, even if you could trigger service mode on the 3k, you got nothing to boot with it due to the exploit used for booting custom code from the MS has been fixed.

Please, this has been discussed billions of times....

Bill

Besides, even if you could trigger service mode on the 3k, you got nothing to boot with it due to the exploit used for booting custom code from the MS has been fixed.

I thought the only difference was the check of the last 32 bytes by some cryptography of the IPL the pre-IPL did. (Besides the encryption of the battery signals, as pointed out by Datel)

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
Huh. I remember watching something on youtube about a pandora turning on the psp. But, I am not at all sure that is true.

january39

eXo Staff
THats all it will do though, give you a green light. AFAIK Hellcats description is correct.